The last unicorn

Her hoof poured at the ground, alone she stood in the distance grazing, the golden sun shone down upon her coat giving it a golden sheen, her horn mounted proudly upon her high held head shone bright for all to see. Just as soon as she was there in the clearing she was gone, she set off into a fast paced gallop venturing all over the wondrous forest, filled with life. The bird’s chirped songs in her ears and her pounding hoof beats creating a beat to which they sang to. She moved so fast she seemed like a passing spirit, so alive yet almost non-excitant; as soon as she was there she was gone.

Her hooves splashed in the silvery river, the silver droplets dripping off her coat as drank from the cooling waters but as soon as she was there she was gone, she picked up pace once more into a gallop. Alone she ran across the poppy meadow, leaving a trail of bright colour wild flowers behind her, the wind whipped in her main and tail and so she came to a halt atop a lonely hill. A lone black silhouette of her under the sun set, it was almost the days end. As soon as she was there she was gone, galloping of under the last of the golden sun, returning to the safety of the forest.

Alone she slept under the silver moon, that’s pale silver light shone upon her in the clearing, a signal to where his prize was. In the darkness he crept sneakily over to her guided by the silver beacon mounted atop her head, his silver armour reflected the little light the moon offered, he silently crept towards her lone figure under the darkness of the night.

A weapon drawn above her head, she still doesn’t stir, the blade reflecting moon and stars draws closer. As soon as she was there she was gone, his blade is forced into her she doesn’t, even whinny in pain, she doesn’t have time to notice a blade now covered in her sweet red blood, being pulled from her body.  As soon as she was there she was gone, her life taken from her within the blink of an eye yet he has claimed the ultimate prize, he takes it to his village.

Then dawn arrives once more to cleanse away the darkness, the clearing now empty where once a grand creature lived and grazed upon the suns arrival now all but lost to the darkness of a greedy soul. As soon as she was there she was gone.