Chapter 1

Chapter 1

They all stopped dead silent and looked at me “Hunny, you can’t leave” Eve said and smirked, it sounded more creepy than caring, but I suppose that was what she was going for

“Whoa there, are you guys murderers?” I laughed

“No, but there are plenty of people out there that are” Shane said. I suddenly understood what they were saying; the vampires. Didn’t I mention? This is Morganville, a town run by vampires. ‘Welcome to Morganville, you’ll never want to leave, and even if you do... well, you can’t’. You need to run fast and keep out of the shadows or know how to fight in this town.

I saw the sun setting behind the huge house. It looked amazing. The house itself towered beautifully over the rest of the street and the orangey-pink hue shadowing it made it look even better. I tried and failed to leave the beauty alone. I grabbed my camera from around my neck and snapped a few pictures. I smiled happily down at my camera before leaving it to hang around my neck once again and picking up my bag and newspaper I had discarded on the floor. 

I grabbed the newspaper tight in my hand and re-read the add 'THREE ROOMMATES SEEKING FOURTH, Huge old house, privacy assured, reasonable rent and utilities' I looked back at the house. "This looks like the place" I said quietly to myself. I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. It seemed to be almost double the height and width of a normal door.

I heard yells and moans from inside before the door opened. I never expected what I saw when the door opened. The man of my dreams answered. He was tall, over six feet. He was very muscular, I could tell he worked out often and under his grey shirt I just knew he would have a six-pack. He had shaggy brown hair that looked perfectly messed up, ‘all the better to run my fingers through’ I thought but snapped out of it before it went too far. His eyes were breathtaking; I could feel myself getting lost in them.

I saw him checking me out too; his eyes wandered from mine and went up and down my body, slowing down on certain places. I was suddenly cautious of what I was wearing. I had dressed formally today, or formal to me, (that means wearing a dress mostly) because I had a meeting with Sam, my ‘uncle’ and the council. Although I would have to take off my socks and hat before he saw me. He looked back up to my face and spoke "Hello?" he almost questioned it. I could tell that he had just woken up. I was chocked; I didn't know what to say. "I-uhh-i found this-I...' I trailed off, holding up the newspaper. He looked at it and tried to read it upside down. I coughed and started again "um... My names Cassandra Jones, I’ve come for the room."

"Oh," he said simply. After a moment’s pause he flashed a smile that made me almost melt and said “Give me one minute” and slammed the door shut. I blinked a few times and shook my head. I wondered whether I should leave. I shivered and noticed the sun was setting; I pulled my jacket closer to me.  After a while I decided to leave, I walked back down the steps towards my car.  I turned around and looked down the street, everyone seemed to be returning to their homes, locking their doors and closing their curtains. Good, it was almost nightfall.  I fumbled in my bag for the keys before unlocking the car. I threw my bag in the backseat before pulling myself into the front. Just as I was about to set off I heard a yell from the house, “Wait!”

I looked back and there stood a girl, defiantly a Goth. She was dressed extravagantly in all-Goth clothing and makeup, but it suited her and she looked quite pretty. I got out of the car, grabbed my bag and locked it up before walking back up to the house. “Sorry for that jackass, he shouldn’t have left you out here,” she paused for a moment looking at me “Damn girl, I love your dress” she smiled, I couldn’t help myself from smiling back; I liked her already. “Sorry, I’m Eve come in” she motioned to the door before taking off toward another room.