The Recruitment

Hey everyone, this my first book so it is going to be a bit rough. Anyway, if you want to be apart of the story with the personality, physical features, and anything else. Thanks for reading and enjoy! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The poster was almost alluring. "Come join the brand new Air Force! Beat the Germans!". It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now, I am strapped into a milk jug of an airplane flying at 100 feet above the ground with a German on my rear. Now, never mind my current predicament. I was 17 when I saw that poster. I thought, "Hmm, sounds like a good idea." Now, I wasn't the most physically fit of people. Ok, ok, so what? I was a shrimp. I was picked on in school, and hated bullies for that. I think that was my main drive to want to be in the Air Force. I always saw the Nazis as the ultimate bullies. I always felt that I wanted to be a part of the elimination of the biggest bully in the world. I finally bugged my parents into letting me go. When I got to the recruitment station, I passed the physical examination. Barely. I mean, I didn't have anything like asthma just that I was weak. Physically, not mentally. I had been a big flying nut since I was a little toddler. Planes are life for me. So, when they announced the formation of a flying branch of the military, I was ecstatic. When I finally got my deployment letter it read, "You are to report to Jefferson Barracks, Missouri immediately." I was so exited! Flying planes!