Hybrid Baby

third person pov

Klaus is running through a street. Elijah catches up with him.

"Niklaus." Elijah says.

"It's a trick, Elijah." Klaus growls.

"No, brother. It's gift. It's your chance - it's our chance." Elijah emphasizes our.

"To what?" He glares.

"To start over. Take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us. Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined - we were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted - all that we have ever wanted was a family." Elijah tries to reason with Klaus.

"I will not be manipulated." Klaus growls. He turns away but Elijah vamp-speeds over to block his way.

"So they're manipulating you. So what? With them, this girl and her child - your child - live." Elijah growls back.

"I'm gonna kill every last one of them." Klaus says irritated. He shoves Elijah and turns away, but once again Elijah vampire-speeds over and blocks him.

"And then what? Then you return to Mystic Falls to resume your life as the hated one, as the evil hybrid? Is it so important to you that people quake with fear at the sound of your name? And without the love of your life." Elijah asks him.

"People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid. What will this child offer me? Will it guarantee me power?" Klaus asks him back.

"Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty - that's power. This is what we swore to one another a thousand years ago, before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognize as my own brother. This is us, the Original family, and we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save this girl. Save your child." Elijah tells him. Elijah has placed a hand on Klaus' shoulder. Klaus brings his own hand to Elijah's neck in a brotherly gesture.

"No." Klaus whispers and walks away.

Artemis's pov

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done." Sophie tells her witchy friend.

"And the solution is to bring in more vampires?" Agnes her friend asks.

"These aren't just any vampires, Agnes. They're the Originals." Sophie tries to reason.

"What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" Agnes glares.Elijah appears, leaning on the wall.

"She can't. I'm not entirely certain that I can, either. But now that your coven has drawn his ire, I have a question: What prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?" Elijah asks. Sophie takes a needle and shows it to the Original. She sticks the needle into her hand.

"Ow!" I growl feeling a pain in my hand. Elijah looks at me. I look down to see a drop of blood on my hand, exactly at the same point where Sophie hurt herself.

"What the hell!?" I ask.

"The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed? It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Artemis. So anything that happens to me, happens to her, which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what it already means to you. If I have to hurt Artemis - or worse - to ensure that I have your attention, I will." Sophie says not knowing about me and Nik much. Elijah is slightly amused.

"You would dare threaten two Originals?" Elijah asks.

"I have nothing to lose." Sophie says.The grin disappears from Elijah's face.

"You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind." Sophie tells him and the witches let me sleep as Elijah walks away.

Midnight

The church clock starts tolling.

"His time is up. What're you gonna do now, Sophie?" Agnes asks.

"I'm gonna do what I said was gonna do." Sophie smirks.

"What, kill the girl? Kill yourself?" Sabine asks.

"Klaus does not care about the child." Agnes says. Elijah appears.

"I do." Elijah says. He comes into the mausoleum, carrying the body of Jane-Anne.

"And I bring proof of my intent to help you: the body of your fallen friend, which I procured from Marcel himself." Elijah tells her.

"Jane-Anne." She exclaims in surprise.

"May she be granted peace. Klaus will agree to your terms. I just need a little more time." Elijah tells her.

"You had your time. It's passed." Agnes growls.

"Shut up, Agnes." Sabine glares at her.

"For now, accept the deal. The girl and the child remain unharmed, or Klaus will kill you all." Elijah tells them. He walks away, but then turns around again.

"And I will help him." He smirks. I fall back asleep after listening without them knowing. The next day I was standing in the big house of theirs. I take the sheet off a crib and cough from the dust. Hayley stood next to me also coughing. She found out everything and she was still getting used to it.

"Are you alright?" Elijah asks us.

"Just dust. This place is ancient." Hayley says.

"Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter. Right now, you are the most important person in this family. You need a good home. So I'm curious... in all this time, has anyone asked you two how you feel?" Elijah asks.

"About having a miracle baby with my psychotic love of my life." I exclaim.

"About being an aunt." He chuckles and I roll my eyes. Hayley instead starts talking letting me walk away.

"I - I was abandoned when I was born and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second that I turned into a wolf. So... I don't really know how I feel about being an aunt because I... I never really had a good one." Hayley says and I stand in the corner hearing Nik coming.

"I will always protect you. Both of you. You have my word on that." Elijah promises. Klaus appears.

"And noble Elijah always keeps his word." Nik says putting his arm around my waist as I lean into his arms.

"Is it done?" Elijah asks.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches." Nik explains to Elijah.

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Artemis and Hayley to me. Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why." Elijah says.