Chapter 6

Chapter 6

And I woke up, it was all a dream. My back ached and my head pounded. The bathroom had a cold chill to it but it did not bother my boiling skin. There were charred markings left on the walls. My flames did not just ignite in my dream but in real life as well. I lifted myself up off the ground and into my bedroom I looked outside into the night noticing the very small differences to the stars here than the stars we see on Earth. I packed my items and I left the palace as quietly as I could and made my way to the bridge.

"Heimdall could you please send me home?" I ask as a tear slowly runs down my cheek.

"But where is home Kat?"

"What do you mean Heimdall? Home is Earth."

"You say that, but do you really believe it? You yourself do not know where home is anymore and I can see that, if only you could too."

"Please I've had enough of this place take me back to Earth."

"You've had enough of this place? Or have you had enough of my King."

"Please enough Heimdall, I appreciate you trying to help me but I think the best thing for you to do now is to send me to Earth. To S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters would be better."

"You know I will have to inform the King of this?"

"I wouldn't care if you told the whole Universe, now please just send me home."

"As you wish my lady."

I opened my eyes to see soft green grass beneath my feet, I look up and see I'm outside S.H.I.E.L.D and make my way through the doors carrying my luggage keeping my head down. I walk quickly and almost bump into someone, I look up to see Tony.

"Kat, you're back? Why are you?" I cut him off as I drop my things and hug him and cry into his chest. I didn't think I had so much more to let out.

"Shhh." He coos as he gently rubs my back to comfort me. "Come with me to the lab and we can talk there okay?" He called someone over to take my bags to my room and lead me to his lab.

"Okay so what's going on Kat?" He asks calmly as we take a seat.

"I just, I can't stand being near that jerk anymore, he hurt me. It's bad enough that my own mind is tormenting me but I do not need him to do it too."

"Your mind is tormenting you? How so?"

"I've been having these dreams about my birth, where I'm born and kill my own mother because I burst into flames. I'm also so confused about who I am anymore. I'm not human but I act like one, I'm an Asgardian but do not behave like one and I'm a fire demon who does not know how to control her abilities."

"I can tell you Kat, that you are an amazing woman. You are kind, caring, protective. You're a little crazy and sometimes too much to handle but you are like a daughter to me and I can tell you now, Kat, that you are a strong person, you are loving and you are always trying to help others. That is the kind of person you are. It does not matter where you came from it only matters what you make of yourself and how you make an impact to other people's lives."

"Tony, there is something I must tell you, but you cannot discuss it with anyone okay? Say this to no one absolutely no one, not Fury, not Steve, not Phil, no one, definitely do not tell Steve he'll hate me, everyone will hate me. I hate me."

"No one is going to hate you Kat, I promise you." I shook my head, how can he promise something like that? It's impossible for him to tell me no one will hate me.

"I think, that, I maybe, I um. I have feelings for Loki and I know, I understand that I shouldn't and that it's the most unexpected thing to happen because of all that he has done but, I just. I don't know how he did this to me." Tony had no words to reply with and sat there staring at me, but he did something that works much better than any words he could ever say would, he just hugged me. He hugged me tight like a father would his child.