Thats cute

Jake and I have been sitting here for nearly two hours working on his homework. I let out a small sigh knowing I still have my own work to do but can't help but to smile at the small little boy working so hard on his story he has to read for the week. I give him a small kiss on the forehead.
"Hey Jakey why don't we take a break from all the homework while I cook dinner before Joe gets home."
"Okay Car but can I help you with dinner please?" I look into my baby brothers eyes and there is no way I could say no to that smile he's giving me. "Of course baby come on he'll be here soon."

I grabbed Jakes hand as we walked down stairs. He began to set the table as I finished preparing dinner. Suddenly the front door flew open and slammed shut. Then the devil himself came into view.
"What is this?!" Joseph yelled as he made his way closer to me. "It's uh pot roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans." I said trying to hide the fear but I knew what was coming next and so did Jake because he ran to protect me. "Get away from Carter you big meanie!" He began yelling and hitting Joseph in the stomach.

I instantly pulled Jake back and pushed him behind me. Joe began to laugh hysterically "oh that's cute you guys really do love each other. Why don't we let Jake defend you tonight and you can watch?" "NO" was all I could say then a hand made contact with my face and I held back the tears. "Stop!" Jake came from behind me tears streaming down his face he just kept shouting stop.
"Jakey go upstairs and read your book I'll be up with dinner soon." I smiled and kissed his head and he gave a slight nod and ran up stairs to my room.