Chapter 29 (TBC).

Alex tapped his watch impatiently. His eyes searched the door for a millionth time for the past thirty minutes. Anxiousness crept on him as another minuted ticked away. His sanity sipping slowly away. He was scared of the out come of this meeting. He had taken a decision that was life changing but he was not sure if it was really worth it. Another minute passed by when he heard clicking of heels on the perfectly waxed marble floor.

"I never thought I would here from you." She stated making herself comfortable on the chair opposite from him.

"Ms.Bradford." Alex acknowledged her bitterly.

"What's with the formality after what we have?" She purred making Alex disgusted.

Her. Because of her he couldn't be with the woman he loved. Because of her he didn't see his son grow up. Because of her the paps were spreading lies about his family and him.

"Let's cut the chase, shall we?" Alex retorted. "I was to inform you to sign the custody papers or meet me in court."

"You can't do that." Veronica gasped.

"Are you challenging me, Ms.Bradford?" Alex raised his brow.

"It's not right."

"You took away five years of my son's life without giving me a choice. Now papers or court?" Alex said in a no nonsense tone.

"It's your fault. You didn't let me see you when I contacted you all these years so I gave up." Veronica told him.

"Am I supposed to believe that?" Alex laughed harshly.

"Yes. You were always busy for your own child so I thought you didn't want anything to do with him." Veronica explained.

"What's gives you the audacity to say whether I want my son in or out of my life?" He yelled at her.

"That's what your publist told me." She replied squirming from his glare.

"My publist?" Alex asked confused.

"Yes. Two years ago she told me you didn't want anything to do with Finn so I finally gave up."

"Then why now?" Alex asked.

"Because I have six weeks before I die." Veronica whispered as a tear slipped down her check.

"What?"

"I have leukemia. I wanted to give it a last try but if you didn't want him, my mother would have looked after him. When you publically announced Finn as your son I knew I would leave him in good hands. Please forgive me. I didn't want Finn to grow up without a father." She wiped her tears with a tissue.

"I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to." Veronica smiled sadly. "Just take care of him and don't give up on Sera. I've known her since high school. She loves you."

With that Veronica got up and left.

***********

Sera stopped when she heard the door bell ring. She was expecting someone and since all her friends were outside town she had no idea who it was. She had shifted to her home a week after buying it and Alex didn't know where she lived.

She walked cautiously towards the door and it was all silent. Opening the door she saw the last person she was expecting to see on her doorstep.

"Dad?" Sera whispered in shock.

Gorge Wanton stood there in perfect health and a bright smile captured on his face. Sera died and went to heaven when she saw her father standing in front of her. Euphoria would be an understatement on how she was feeling. She found herself strangling him with a bear hug.

"My little princess." He whispered into her ear as he hugged her back. "You didn't wait for me to grow up."

"I missed you. It took you seventeen years to wake up." Sera sobbed. "I can't believe you are standing in front of me after all these years."

"I missed you too, munchkin." Chad's annoying voice came.

"Haha funny." Sera muttered sarcastically getting out of her father's embrace. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know." Chad rolled his eyes. "Maybe because it's my sister's house?"

"Cut it off you two. I didn't miss your bickering." Gorge laughed.

"How are you okay, dad? The doctor said you gave up." Sera wondered.

"I had been progressing for the past six months. He just didn't want to give you false alarms." Gorge explained.

"Can we come in yet?" Chad asked.

"Yeah but not you." Sera snapped letting her father in the house.

She was going to slam the door on Chad's face but he managed to let himself in earning himself a scowl from his sister.

"You can now fill me in on what I've missed out on your lives."

**************

"I didn't know I had business with you." Jessica stated.

"That's why am telling you now." Alex smiled.

"I flew all the way from L.A it better be good."

"It is." Alex smiled wider. "Am just waiting for a friend."

"So how are things with you and Sera?" Jessica asked wiggling her brows mischievously.

"That's our agenda today."

"Long time no see buddy." A voice rich with British accent said behind Jessica.

"Hello Caleb."

Jessica turned to the gorgeous man standing behind her. He was a blonde and what captured her interest was his dreamy brown eyes. She could easily get lost into. She quickly searched for a ring on his third finger and was relief there wasn't any even an evidence.

"Wow." Jessica breathed.

"Am sorry did you say something?" Caleb asked.

"No. Am Jessica. Alex's friend." Jessica introduced herself.

"Caleb." He smiled.

Jessica felt her insides melt. Indeed he was worth melting for.

"Okay. Our agenda." Alex's chirpy voice snapped her to reality.

"Better be good." Caleb muttered.

"Is your buddy getting married good news?" Alex asked.

"What?" Jessica and Caleb said in unison.

"Yes. I was hoping you would help me plan."

"How come Sera never told me anything?" Jessica asked confused.

"Because she has no idea she's getting married." Alex told her.

"I don't think it's a good idea." Jessica said warily.

"This is."

***********

Hello.

One more chapter to go and I have a surprise for you guys. How is Caleb?

I love klaus.

Anyways vote and leave feedback. Until next time, stay safe.

Much love, BG.