[2] Reflection

A/N

Okay I know I haven't updated in a month, but I have a very legitimate excuse for that: Just about every week for the past month I've been out of town. Most of the time without access to my phone (which is tricky to update from anyway), or else without the time to. But do not fear, my very patient readers! :D For I am now uploading the four chapters I owe you in one big bundle! And on the appointed day (Thursday) you will also be issued Ch. 6 as per the regular schedule!

Even though I have a good excuse I am sorry for not updating in a timely manner even before my busy month. But I'm working on it and in the future I hope to do better for myself and my readers!

Now, without further ado, please enjoy Chapter 2!

____________________________________

Birds flying high / You know how I feel

Sun in the sky / You know how I feel

Breeze driftin' on by / You know how I feel

It's a new dawn / It's a new day / It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good

I'm feeling good

"Ah," I sat up in bed stretching. Light streamed in through the orange drapes hanging over the sides of my bed. My room being the first thing I see in the morning, I felt it important that it should give off the right vibe to get me going every day.

The room was a collage of colors, Not a hue was left to the imagination. I'd always liked my room to-

"Elle! If you don't hurry, you'll be late!"

"Yes, Mom!" I shouted back with a sigh. I opened the bathroom door to find my little cousin Andy sitting sleepily on the toilet, her feet nowhere near close to touching the ground. It would've been cute, if it didn't happen and make me late every morning. Instead of fighting her I just sighed once more and resigned myself to brush my teeth.

"Oh, good morning Elle," the seven year old said with a yawn.

"Well, it would be if I didn't have a little troll hogging my bathroom every morning," I replied.

I always teased my little cousin Andrea like that. I'd lovingly nicknamed her Andy and "little troll" when my dad's now single sister had dropped off the rambunctious little two year old due to "circumstances". After shooing her out of my private commode, I went about finishing my morning routine, getting dressed, eating the hardy breakfast my mom made time to cook me, and kissing my parents goodbye.

I mounted my bike and rode off. I'd loved the school's uniform skirt since the moment I saw it on the website. One of those green and grey and black plaid ones. I had already always worn skirts before, so this wasn't much of a change- I would just have to wear leggings or biking shorts or something under them from now on, though, only partially because I bike to school. I'd gotten really excited when I found out that I'd be going to a boarding school this year- I thought it'd be just like in the movies. The only thing was, I'd begged my parents to work something out to where I could stay at home. These were my last years to be at home, and I wanted to spend them with my family. Also, I don't know what Andrea would do without me.

We ended up enrolling pretty late- it had taken us a while to settle in here, what with my mom's new job and everything- but that actually worked out for us in the end.

"Most students at the academy," the headmistress had said, "enjoy the newfound freedom, and to some, it is all they've ever known. There is only one other student we are allowing to commute, so, I suppose it would be alright. Just do not be late. Ever."