Nine and Three Quarters

"All we need now is an owl and a wand." Dean informed as he and Bobby walked through town with his supplies in tow.

"Good. Nearly done then. Why don't you go done to Ollivander's, I'll be right back. It's right down there." Bobby pointed to a small shop with a sign that said Ollivander's.

Dean headed down to Ollivander's to get a wand while Bobby went elsewhere. Where he was going, Dean wasn't sure. He walked in and saw shelf after shelf full of boxes. They most likely contained different wands. There was a man behind the front counter. "Oh. Hello. Welcome to Ollivander's."

Dean grinned. "You wouldn't happen to be Ollivander, would you?" He joked.

The man chuckled. "No, you can call me Met. So, looking for a wand, I presume?"

"Yep. It's my first year."

"I see." He went to a shelf and got one of the boxes, pulling a wand from it and handing it to Dean. "There you go. Go on, give it a wave."

He flicked the wand, which resulted in some paperwork on the front desk catching fire. Met took off his jacket and used it to put out the fire. Dean quickly set the wand on the desk, blushing darkly.

"That's definitely not it, I'm afraid." He found another box, getting the wand out of that one. He handed it to Dean, who was unsure of whether or not he should attempt it.

"You sure?"

"Well, we can't be sure unless you try it."

Hoping that nothing else would burst into flame, he waved the wand. Instead of flames, a bunch of boxes flew out of their place on a shelf, and Dean put the wand on the desk.

"Okay, probably not." He went to find another box, and soon found one, handing the enclosed wand to Dean. "Well, third time's the charm, right?"

Dean looked down and the wand. It was dark brown with a silver ball bearing at the base and silver vines wrapping around it from the middle to the tip.

Praying for no damage this time, he waved the wand, and the tip of the wand began to glow white, a rush of energy flowing through Dean's body. A gust of wind blew through the shop, the light on the wand glowing brighter. Dean knew, being more certain of this than anything in his life, that he really was a wizard.

A bright smile lit up Met's face as the light and wind died down. "I should've known. You're Dean Winchester."

Dean looked to Met in confusion. "How'd you know that?"

"I knew your mother. Well, I met her once. I sold her a wand made from the very same material as that wand. She had great power. And I'm sure you'll follow in her magical footsteps."

Dean looked down at his wand and smiled. "Yeah. I bet I will."

He went to find Bobby with his new wand. He heard a voice calling from behind him, causing him to turn around. He saw Bobby carrying an owl in a birdcage. It looked to be a Great Horned owl covered in white and dark grey feathers, and eyes so icy blue they were almost white.

Dean smiled. "Wow. He's awesome, Bobby."

"Had a feeling you'd like him. They've had him in that store for a while now. His name's Ripley." He handed Dean the cage, Ripley staring at him.

"Hey there, Ripley. Bet you're glad to be out of there now, huh? Why am I talking to a bird?"

"Trust me, they're a lot more understanding of us than you might think."

"Alright. I think I'm ready for... wizard school."

~

Castiel walked into the shop with Naomi in search of his owl. There was quite a few to choose from, and he wasn't sure how he could ever make his decision.