Five - The Market

Five • The Market

"Good morning and hello there! It's nice meeting you all!" The woman with brown, short hair greeted.

"Good morning, Aunt Mimi." Paul greets her, his pearly whites showing.

"Good morning, Paul. Came here for some cookies, yes?" She says to him jokingly. Paul chuckles.

"Good morning ma'am. My name is George Harrison and I'm one of the new neighbors who just moved in. It's a pleasure meeting you." George introduces himself, sticking his hand out to her.

"Well, it's nice meeting you George. I hope you'll be able to get used to things here in the neighborhood." Aunt Mimi replies, shaking George's large hand.

"And who is this? One of your girlfriends again, John?" She asks John disappointingly, her hand gesturing towards me.

Paul coughs hoarsely, George turns a bit silent, and Johns face turn into a deep red.

"N-no Mimi! This is my friend 'ere. Yanna. I just met her yesterday a'right?" John tells Aunt Mimi, his voice a bit shaky.

Aunt Mimi's disappointing face turns into a gentle smile as she stares at John playfully. Like as if he knew what John was thinking. She begins to laugh quietly.

"Alright Johnny. Whatever you say." Mimi says, winking at him.

I feel so awkward.

"Well it's nice meeting you, Yanna. Promise me to look after me boy, okay?" She says, smiling at me warmly.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. And of course, I'll look after Johnny boy for you." I reply, playing along with Aunt Mimi's tease.

She nods, satisfied.

"Alright boys... And lady. I'll be visiting Mrs. Beth's house for quite a while. Take care of yourselves now." She tells the four of us, excusing herself and walking away from the house.

"See you at 4!" And with that, she leaves the four of us by the door.

"Aunt Mimi is very cheery." I comment looking back at Mimi, whose shadow was slowly fading away.

"Yeah, she is. But she don't trust me much." John replies, kicking the earth.

"I can see why she don't trust you." Paul says softly, looking up in the air.

"Bugger." John huffs at Paul. Paul winks at John jokingly.

John pushes his houses door gently as it creaks softly. He gestures us to come in so the three of us begin to follow inside.

"Alright, um, I need to use the bathroom. Where can I find it?" George asks out of nowhere, his hands gripping his stomach.

"Upstairs, turn right." John says simply, not looking towards George's direction.

"Thanks."

George begins to run up the stairs hastily and disappears from the right side of the second floor.

"So, what do you two wanna do?" John asks me and Paul, hopping on to the sofa in the living room.

"Uh, you plan it John. This is your house after all." Paul tells John like he knows everything.

"You're the one in the first place who wan'ed to come 'ere!" John replies, annoyed.

"Alright, alright it's my fault. Yanna, what do ye wanna do?" Paul asks me, tapping me gently by the shoulders.

"Um, I don't know. Let's bake something?" I reply hesitantly. They're boys for bloody sake. I'm not even sure if they can boil an egg!

"Uh," John says, unsure.