Chapter 12

Lachlan's POV

Nothing happened;nothing. It was silent as everyone stared blankly at me. Mitch looked weak, sicker than a dog.  My breathing was everywhere, crazier with every second. My heart was thudding against my chest like a baseball bat.

Tears continued to fall, splashing on the asphalt. I slammed my fist on the ground, screaming louder than ever. I felt a hand on my shoulder, one that yanked me up. I expected it to be Vikk, but that face scared me until my blood ran cold. Those glowing eyes locking with mine and his teeth sinking into my arm. 

I felt the air leave my lungs, the venom coursing through my veins. Its teeth sunk deeply in my arm, thrashing massively and jerking. It was tearing away skin, baring bone and flesh.

Vikk jumped up, smashing the zombie to its head with a metal pole that laid at his feet. His eyes stared at mine, but I didn't mirror it. He shook me heavily, screaming in my face.

 I was blank, expressionless. My eyes landed down to my arm, the imprint of teeth laid visible. My mouth, that was slightly open, had clamped shut. My eyes were dulling by every second, the blue fading. I felt a sudden wave of weakness. Had this really happened?

I fell, the world crashing with me. I felt the road smash into me as I made contact with the black surface. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't speak. 

S-uh, you mon- sa- it's not wor- save me!

My thoughts were fuzzy and erratic. Everyone's voice had been blocked out. I saw static and blurry images. "I will not leave yo-y-you he-here." my voice was ghostly, booming loudly. I slammed my fist harder on the ground, seeing blood pour fast from the wound on my arm. My blood wasn't red, it was more purple. Everything was bright and staticy like a television. I yelled out, holding my head as a massive headache struck me.

I wil-will never-too lat-never leave!

I screamed louder than ever before. Everything was fading and the static grew. "N-alw-never!" I yelled, the world spinning around me. Then, a loud crash sounded off. I watched as everything began to fall and smash to pieces like glass. 

The ground beneath us was fading, sending the others crazy. "N-give in." was my last words I could say before I screamed out, feeling my body course with electric pulses. I felt a force pushing me, but I pushed harder. I was not leaving them here. I would never leave them here. Never! We stayed together! We stuck together! We will never unwound from one another! No pety machine will separate us! Nothing!

I saw only us six in a black void, nothing but us visible. I was still on the ground, the bite of the zombie gone. I glanced at Mitch, his skin looked better and more healthy. I felt a strong force push again, but I fought. I would continue to fight it. As I did, the area was blurring, static with every blink of an eye. The sound of loud crashing noises sounded as I just fought harder, yelling. 

Struggle.

Blackness. Dark, bitter loneliness. I was surrounded by nothing but the utter silence. I was alone. I didn't want to be alone. I wanted to be home with Vikk! I wanted to be laughing with the guys, while kissing my love!! 

Faint.

I was running in the abyss, crying loudly as it never seemed to end. "Come back to me!" my voice sounded so bad, so raspy and electronic-like.

Mental.

I was screaming now, falling endlessly in my mind. My internal screams sounding within my pounding head, my mind screaming for resolution. Save me! It would say. I couldn't. I felt weak and lost. My mind was cluttered, corrupted at that. I couldn't feel anything. My heart was numb, my thoughts never rung, my body was gone. Who am I?

Lastly, what was I? 

I see nothing. I feel nothing. I can't even remember or think anything but one question, who was I? Everything is blank, like a empty sheet of paper. Nothing of a name, an age, or details lays for me to see. 

I struggled against darkness' grip, wanting to be free. That's what it did. Except, it left me in a wake of crying in terror as I jerked awake, my body in a cold sweat. People, unknown people stood before me. One in tears, all the others in fear. The only words that left my mouth were, "Who are you? Who am I? Where am I?"

I know nothing. Why did these people seem so concerned for me? I don't know them, I don't want to. Lastly, why is one crying? I don't know what is his problem, but I can't help but feel sad for his whimpers. The need to befriend them is evident. I want nothing more. Only friendship. Maybe they know me. Maybe they can reclog my memory with who I was. For I am clueless..