Part 10

"Seriously, I'm okay!" Dave muttered.

"Sure you are." I said, although he obviously was not okay. He was sitting on the kitchen table, while I was searching for a washcloth. When I found it, I turned the faucet on and let the water drench the washcloth. After wringing some excess water out of it, I turned around and walked towards Dave, who had taken his shirt off so that I now had a perfect view of his abs.

Brilliant.
How do humans breath again? 

I tried my best not to look at it, because I knew I would probably end up staring and embarrass myself.

I carefully touched the cut on Dave's arm with the washcloth. I noticed Dave lock his jaw at my touch, but he let me clean and disinfect it. The cut in his arm was still bleeding a bit, so I decided to wrap a bandage around it. You could never be too sure, right?

"So, will I live, doctor?" Dave asked me as I secured the bandage. I looked up at him, amusement twinkling in his green eyes and a playful smirk around his lips. He couldn't get any hotter.

"There's a chance." I said, smiling at him because it was just impossible not to. Suddenly I noticed that we were really close. There were only a few centimetres of air between his nose and mine, as we were now on the same level with him sitting on the kitchen table.

I studied the features of his face. His dark, messy hair fell just above his piercing, green eyes. I could count every single one of his thick, dark eyelashes. I knew I really had to say or do something, before I would end up drooling all over him. I shook my head, snapping out of my trance.

"I guess I'll go to bed then." I whispered, not thrusting my voice when I was so close to him. He slowly nodded, brushing a strand of hair out of my face and placing it behind my ear.

As his hand brushed over my skin, I immediately felt sparks up the place where he had touched me. I felt the butterflies erupt in my belly. I mentally shook my head again. I was acting like a hormonal teenager. But I guess I was, actually.

"Goodnight." I said, pushing myself away from the kitchen table, away from the boy who was currently making my heart race like crazy.

Was I falling for him? No. I wasn't. This were normal reactions. He was a really hot boy, who just came really close. Any girl would have lost it, right?

"Night, Nina." I heard his husky voice behind me as I walked up the stairs, towards my room. Even is voice was sexy. Ugh.

- - -

I nervously stroke a strand of hair behind my ear and let my eyes roam around the park, where I was sitting on a bench in the hot American sun. I couldn't enjoy the sun at the moment, though. I had to be careful and watch out for a particular brown haired boy.

I had been sitting on the bench for a good five minutes, and I hadn't spotted him yet, thank God. I don't know what I would do when - my heart stopped beating for a few seconds as I spotted a brown haired boy walking towards me.

Shit. I knew this would happen. I knew I shouldn't have gone to the park on my own. And now I'll pay the price. Now I'll die. What a stupid reason to die. I had always imagined my death to be more -

I mentally slapped myself. No time to think about dying right now. Maybe there was a chance for me to get away. Maybe he hadn't noticed me yet.

I quickly looked around. There was no way I could escape right now. He was only a few metres away from me. I allowed myself to take a quick glance in his direction.

Relief washed over me as I realised it wasn't Logan. It was just some boy with brown hair. My muscles relaxed a bit as I realised I wasn't going to be murdered any time soon.