6

Scott's POV

I felt myself slowly regaining consciousness. I dreamt that I was talking to Avi, begging him to stay. It was dark and I couldn't see anything, unlike now. The room around me is bright and I see a nurse cleaning Avi's blood off my hands. Avi!

"Where is he? Is he okay?" I ask the nurse, my voice panicky.

"Good, you're up. Are you talking about the man hit by a car, about an hour ago?" She asked me, drying my now clean hands off.

"Yes, is he okay?" I answer.

"The man will be okay, if he wakes up. Don't worry though, the doctors think he should wake up within the next 24 hours. He has a broken ankle, two cracked ribs and dislocated shoulder. He also has scrapes along his face and chest. He should heal fine so, that's good news. What about you? Are you okay?" She asks me, checking the machine connected to my finger.

I think about her question before answering, "Emotionally or physically?"

She looks at me with a small smile before replying, "Both."

"Well physically, I'm fine, just a headache. Emotionally, I feel like shit. The man of dreams tells me he loves me. Then, not even twenty seconds later, I see him get hit by car. He only got hit because I couldn't find the words to tell him just how much I love him. So yeah, I'm just peachy." I finish sarcastically.

"Well then," she starts, "I'm happy to say that you are officially released and that he, is in room 452." Good. Now I can go see Avi. Wait, are the others here? They have to be. We left the restaurant at 8:30 and she said that we came in about an hour ago so, is it 9:30? I don't know, I'll ask.

"Nurse...What time is it?" I ask.

"9:45 and my name's Eryn by the way." She informs me. 9:45? Okay, that makes sense because of the time Avi and I were talking and the ambulance ride. The nurse, Eryn, hands me a form filled out in Mitch and Esther's handwriting. So they are here, somewhere.

"If you would just sign here and here, you are free to go see the love of your life." She states, remembering what I said earlier.

I gave her a shy half smile, signed my name and returned the paper and pen.

She unhooks me from the heart monitor and leaves with a wave and a, "Good luck!"

I sat there on the bed thinking over the events of the past two hours when I hear, "Scott!" I look up to see Mitch actually running and Kevin jogging along behind him.

Mitch runs up to the bed and engulfs me in the tightest hug I have ever received.

"Nice to see you, too." I say, trying to pry Mitch's skinny arms off of me. Kevin wraps his arms around Mitch's waist and manages to pick Mitch up and throw him over his shoulder, walking out of the room to set Mitch down. Kevin comes running back in just in time to hug me before getting kicked in the butt.

"U2 like the band? That would be nice. Especially since there's nothing nice about Mitch." Kevin joked, earning a weak punch in the shoulder from Mitch. Kevin busted out in his highly contagious laugh, causing Mitch to pull out the look. You know the, I'm going to kill your ass look. Yeah, that one.

"The nurse said I'm free to go. Have you heard anything about Avi?" I ask.

"He's pretty beat up but, the doctor said he can preform two days after he wakes up so if he wakes up tonight, we will still have to reschedule the Texas shows and move on with the tour." Mitch said, sympathy dripping off his voice.

"Okay, can we go see him?" I ask.

"Yeah bro, he's this way." Kevin says while walking down the hall, towards the elevators. Mitch and I follow behind, after I grab my phone off the table. When we get to Avi's room, Esther is sitting in the chair on the right side of his bed and Kirstie is in the other.

"Avi..." I whisper as I start to cry again. I walk up to the bed and stare at the beautiful man laying there. I brush that same piece of hair out of his face.

"What have I done? Why can't it be me laying here right now? Why him?" I ask to no one in particular. Even now, with the scratches on the left side of his face, he is still captivating. I'm on his right side so I slip my shoes off and sit on the side of his bed holding him in my arms. I cry until I fall asleep, curled up with his head on my stomach.

When I wake up it's midnight and the girls are cruled up in the chairs while the boys, are sleeping on an extra bed that Eryn brought in. I guess she knew none of us were planning on leaving. Esther wakes up while I'm studying Avi's face.

She scares my when she speaks all if the sudden asking, "What happened?" I proceed to tell her everything.

You can hear the sadness in her voice when she says, "He once told me you would be the death of him. I don't think this is what he meant."

I stayed silent. She ended up falling back to sleep, leaving me watching Avi. I can't sleep. I just see Avi get hit over and over again. It hurts me so much to know that I am the cause of his pain. I just need him to wake up and soon.