A Ride with the Duck

Umemoto Izumi had not expected that she would have been in the same group as the ponkotsu captain, Anai Chihiro, when they decided to group split at the recreation park. Even worse, the camera-holding girl did not prepare herself to ride the duck boat attraction with just the two of them. She held her camera tight as she stared at the captain, who was looking around to see the other boats floating far from the one they were riding as if to let them enjoy their own time.

Capt is so pretty, she thought. Her photographer side overwhelmed her shyness as she picked her camera up, pointing the lens at the captain to catch her candidly. She managed to take a few photos before her captain noticed what she was doing.

"Ume! You should have told me that you were taking my photos!" said Chihiro as she pouted. The sight made Izumi blushed and grinned sheepishly as she gave her reasoning.

"I like taking candid photos because it makes people look more natural."

Her answer seemed to satisfy the captain as she let out a smile, and then added a "peace" hand-sign as if signalling Izumi to take a photo of her at that time, which the short-haired girl immediately did. She chuckled when she noticed that Chihiro changed her pose and took few more photos, as if they were a model and a photographer.

For a short while, it made her forgot that there were only the two of them on the boat. That the whole situation seemed a lot like a date. She only came to realize that once again when the captain giggled as Izumi was checking the photos taken earlier.

"You know, this feels like a date, doesn't it. Riding this duck boat with just the two of us."

Izumi could feel the heat rising to her cheeks and she did not dare to say a word to Chihiro. Instead, she looked down at the little screen of her camera, pretending that she was checking the photos as she heard the captain giggling and felt her heartbeat sped up. She bit her lower lips as she took a glance at her captain giving her a cheeky smile, before she realized that their time for the ride was over. She let go a sigh of relief, as well as a little disappointment.

They moved out of the ride and walked away from the attraction to join the other girls in their group. But before that, Izumi felt her wrist grabbed as the captain leaned closer to whisper on her ear, "We definitely should do this again. Next time, with just the two of us," as she giggled before she walked away leaving Izumi stood frozen with her face turned flushing red and her eyes opened wide.

"Capt!!"