Chapter One

"Whoa, careful with those boxes buddy!" Dylan ran a hand through her hair angrily and stormed into another room of the apartment. I chuckled at her, and sat the box I was carrying down in the kitchen.

I took the short moment to gaze at our new apartment together. Dylan and I had been saving for years, with this dream that one day we would go to college together and get an apartment together as well. We were finally putting our dreams into place.

"Babe, where do you want this box?" I looked up and remembered the task at hand.

"Does it say anything?" I asked and walked over to my boyfriend, Hudson. He bit his bottom lip and shook his head.

"No, I don't think so."

"Here," I took the box from him and he went back outside for more. I set the box down on the kitchen island that separated the living room from the kitchen itself.

I opened the flap of the box and pulled out what was inside. I smiled to myself when I realized what it was. "Dylan, come here!"

I heard a loud audible groan from the other and the footsteps behind me. "Yeah?"

Dylan showed up beside me. "Look," I set the item down. It was an old scrap book Dylan and I put together when we started our freshman year of high school. "Do you remember this?" I asked, eyes wide with excitement.

"Of course I do, it was the year Jake Hanson kissed me," She smiled at first, then shuddered. I giggled at her poor choice in boys.

I started flipping through the pages, remember each memory of each photo as they flipped by. "I really did have a bad fashion style back then." Dylan sighed. She disappeared outside moments later and I put the scrapbook back into the box. I carried the box into my bedroom and sat it down beside my desk.

I wiped my hands on my pants and looked around my room. It was definitely messy right now, and I still needed to put together my bookshelf. Maybe Hudson could do it for me.

I shrugged it off for the moment and went back outside to carry more boxes. We were so close to being done, and then we would have college orientation tomorrow afternoon.

"There's one more box left," Hudson told me as he brushed past me and headed back into the apartment. I nodded and hurried to U-Haul. Sure enough, there was one lonely box in the back.

I climbed up into the truck and knelt down for the box. I mentally cursed myself when it was too heavy to carry. "Fuck."

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. "Need help?" I jumped slightly, and spun around.

"Shit, Hudson." I put a hand over my chest. "You fucking scared me."

He climbed up into the truck and ran a hand through his ruffled curly blonde hair. "Sorry," He gave me a half smile. He walked over to me and pressed his lips into mine.

"You left this box in here on purpose, didn't you?" I asked between kisses.

"Of course I did." His kisses trailed down my neck. I closed my eyes, and turned my head the other way, pretending to like it. It just, wasn't the same anymore. After two years with Hudson, I lost interest. I lost that... spark. But it pained me to tell him.

His large hand reached underneath the hem of my tank top and slowly tugged it upwards. I stopped him. "N-Not right now." I let out a shaky breath.