Chapter Two

"Ashlee! Hurry up!" I heard Dylan call from somewhere in the apartment. I groaned and quickly applied the rest of my mascara. Dylan and I were going to some frat party that was being held at some frat house that I would inevitably forget about in the morning.

"Give me a second!" I called back after I finished the mascara and admired myself once more in the mirror. I wasn't the type of person to dress up and I liked to keep things more simple. I settled with a sweater and jeans, something that I knew I would be comfortable in all night.

"Ready," I grabbed my purse off of the counter and slung it loosely off my shoulder. Dylan turned to me and whistled in delight.

"Damn babe, you sure do look fine." She joked in her deepest voice possible. I giggled at her attempt to "sway" me and pushed her toward the door.

"I'm glad we're going out," I admitted as we both got into my car. I quickly got the car started and drove off while Dylan continued to do her make up in the car.

"Why didn't you do that before we left?" I laughed slightly focusing as much as I could on the road.

"I was in a rush-" I hit a speed bump. "Damn it!" She squealed as she smeared her lipstick. I glanced over and immediately busted out with laughter, which earned a very unnerving glare from Dylan.

"Now I need to redo my lipstick." She grumbled.

I turned on the music and decided to tune out Dylan for the rest of the way. Tonight was going to be good. I could feel it.

When I pulled up to the frat house, I wasn't sure what I had expected before. I mean, obviously drunken teens, but, damn. The streets were filled with cars, a lot of them more expensive than my fucking college intuition.

I found a parking spot surprisingly pretty close to the house. It seemed like more people were at the damn party than there was at the orientation. "Wow," I muttered and took in the scene. You could hear the music from at least two blocks away. Red solo cups and towel paper littered the lawn, and drunken college goers, and probably high schoolers, were passed out in various spot on the lawn or making out with one another.

I shuddered when I had to walk past a couple. They looked like they might eat the others face off if they kept going. I shuddered in disgust as Dylan and I squeezed our way through the house.

"Where are the drinks?" I asked Dylan, shouting as loud as possible over the loud music.

"Follow me!" I nodded and followed close behind, hoping I wouldn't get lost in the sea of drunks.

We entered the large kitchen, which thankfully, was empty aside from two other people. "Oh god, food." I grabbed a handful of chips and began chowing down.

"We come to party and get wasted, and you're worried about food?" Dylan laughed as she began pouring a pink looking lemonade in a red solo cup.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's always time for food." I said innocently. "Will you grab me a cup?"

She handed me hers and filled another cup. I brought the cup to my lips and took a big gulp of the pink drink. As soon as it touched my lips I knew it wasn't lemonade. I immediately began coughing as the burning sweet liquid went down my throat. "That," I said puckering my face. "Is strong."

Dylan laughed me. "What, did you really think they would serve lemonade at a college frat party?" She shook her head at me and grabbed a chip from the chip bowl.