You're It

I reached the motel in no time at all, surprisingly there wasn't a soul to be seen, no pun intended. Making my way up to the second floor was almost as terrifying as my first time waiting for a roller coaster to drop me from a million miles high. Dead silence, so thick I couldn't breath properly. This job was gonna be the end of me! My head screamed for the ease of stress. I felt a little fainter each step I took to room 264, My hand trembled violently as I strained to knocked politely. No response. The door was unlocked, I sharply inhaled possibly my last breath and walked inside.

I saw it, a blonde boy in his late teens, well-kept, well dressed. It was watching a romantic comedy of some sort before it adressed me. From afar i could see that he didn't laugh at the show but he smiled. He stood up and turned to me. He looked perfectly normal in every way. The only problem was that he radiated a perceivable light. Well, maybe "problem" was much too harsh, he was gorgeous to me, prince-like, he couldn't have been too much older than I was. "I'm not here to harm you, I just want to help." Saying so, I extended my hand out to him. I did not expect his reaction in the slightest, taking my hand in his he began to sniffle and his eyes burst into a cascade of tears. "Thank you" was the only phrase he managed to choke out before embracing me. "This feeling," I thought, "This can't be wrong. He, He's so warm, it's almost like he's alive."

 I stayed the night in that motel room. All the while he never gave me his name, he said he "couldn't remember," and that "he would rather just watch me." I stopped asking questions after that for fear of a creepier answer. "Maybe he peeked at me in the shower, I thought I heard the sink turn on," The thought wasn't awful, but as a socially awkward girl attempting to work with spirits, I thought I had the right to raise an eyebrow of question towards the blondes' intentions. I confronted him during lunch as I was slightly unnerved by his staring. I mean, come on, it's just a piece of fish! "Did you peak at me in the shower?" There, I said it. I couldn't believe his answer, "Yes, I like your physique, you have lovely curves and long hair. Speaking of which, can I have some of your hair before I go? It's pretty." I dropped my sandwich, it was my turn to stare at him. What the hell was I? A doll? I couldn't stand being "observed" like such an empty toy! I was caught off guard by the concerned glimmer in his eyes. I softened up, this "teenage boy" was just a boy: blunt and honest. I ruffled his well-kept hair and stood to stretch. Next thing I knew, we weren't eating lunch. Random people flooded where we stood, what was happening to me? Sudden dread overcame my being as I noticed a train was descending and my little blonde was no where to be found. Close to breaking down, I was taken by the waist and time froze.

A kiss. Nothing. Everyone, everything, gone. I trudged back to my office cubicle, I wasn't cut out for this job, I tore everything apart. I screamed, I wailed for his warm embrace again. I knew he would never come back.