Chapter 6

6. Unexpected Guest

The evening skies were stained with tinged warm colours of yellow and orange, the air smelling of fresh flowers and lavender. This was nothing like he remembered, nothing like the place that he had tried so hard to get away from ... to forget.

His black Nike shoes made contact with the concrete and he instantly remembered the large amount of blood that flowed through the cracks of the pavement. He blinked. He couldn't think about that part of his life now. It was in the past and if he started, he knew that he wouldn't stop. What happened in his past had to stay in his past. There was no turning back to what was left there.

Slowly walking back to his black Range Rover, he knew he couldn't ever come back here. Being seen was a risk that he couldn't take. He wasn't sure what possessed him to even come here in the first place ... but something pulled him here and he knew it was extremely idiotic of him. But he couldn't help himself. 

It had been a year. 

This was once his home, where his family lived and where he spent a large amount of his teenage years. 

He had to leave.

*****

"You lot are here quite early." 

Freedom mentally scolded herself for being so careless about answering the door. Shane had not installed security cameras on every inch of her property for no reason, nor had he informed her about constantly using the speaker to communicate with whoever was on the other side of her door if she were ever home alone for no reason. Freedom had to be cautious. 

Allowing the various pairs of eyes to scan her sweaty figure, Freedom's cheeks were faintly tinged with specks of red. She was more than embarrassed to be a hot mess in front of these few people that she had just met and not only that, the stench that came from her was most probably not all that pleasant. 

"Well, seeing as India lives a few streets down, we decided to come thru to have a pre-party and it's actually seven so only a few hours early," Crystal grinned. 

It wasn't until she scanned the six guests before her that she noticed that they were all already dressed and prepared with bags of liquor. She had to admit, each of them looked great and as a group, they were extremely on point. The three girls each had their make-up slayed, their outfits fleeky and their edges laid for the heavens above while the three boys, one including Marquise, were each presented quite well. She was impressed. 

"Don't watch these three," Sophia grimaced pointing to the boys and their wide brim hats and sunglasses, "they come dressed like the sun is out." Freedom stifled a laugh as the rest bantered.

"Okay, come in now," she laughed, internally thanking the Lord that her house was cleaned to perfection. 

"Who do you live with?" questioned Crystal as she walked the crew into her kitchen. 

Crystal's light eyes shined in the light and Freedom couldn't help but admire her beauty and also her all-white-ensemble. Crystal wore an oversized blazer dress with gold accessories and white heels. Her short curly hair coloured grey looked great against her golden complexion and framed her face well. Sophia and India also looked great as they both wore similar midi dresses and equally looked amazing. 

"Myself," she grimaced, internally wondering why Shane would buy her a house so big although she was the only person living in it. 

"Are you joking? Let me move in with you," noted a boy whose name was unknown to Freedom. 

The crew agreed, making small jokes about the same thing whilst Freedom tended to all of her guests' needs by pulling out red plastic cups and shot glasses for everyone. She had already set up her surround sound system and Future and Drake's 'Life is Good' was blasting throughout her kitchen. Satisfied with the vibe that everyone had, she excused herself to get ready for the party but not before taking a cup of Ciroc for herself.