Meeting Marcel

I walked into school. It's my first day here. I bumped into other kids while trying to navigate myself down the hallway. I looked over to a corner. I saw a guy pushing another guy with glasses into the wall. "Hey nerd" He said. He pulled his hand back about to punch him when I did something. I ran in front of the guy with glasses. I felt a pain in my stomach. "Are you OK?" The guy with glasses asked. "Yeah I'm fine" I said getting up. "Thanks for that" He said. "Your welcome" I replied. "I'm Marcel" He said. "Lela" I said. "Well I have to go to class" Marcel said pushing his glasses up. "What class do have?" I asked. "English" He said. "Me too!" I said. "Wanna walk with me?" He asked. "Yes" I replied. We walked up the stairs, talking about how I came to this school. We walked into the classroom and I sat beside him. He sits in the very back corner. "OK class today I need you to get a partner and write a paper about anything. You choose the topic" The teacher said. "Be my partner?" I asked. "Sure" Marcel said. "So what do you want to write the paper on?" I asked.

"How about you" Marcel said.

"Why would we write about me?"

"You seem interesting" Marcel said. We went to all of our classes before lunch time. "Hey" I said plopping my tray in front of Marcel. "Hey" He said. I sat down and began eating. "Thanks again for what you did this morning" He said. "Your welcome" I replied. Soon school was over and I was standing outside with Marcel. "Do you want to come home and work on the paper with me?" He asked. "Sure" I said. We got in my car and I let Marcel drive. I texted my mom telling her I would be at his house because if I don't she will get mad. "We're here" He said. We got out and walked in. "Mom, I'm home" Marcel said. "Hey honey. Who is this?" She asked. "Oh this is Lela. She jumped in front of me this morning so I wouldn't get punched" He said. "I'm Anne" His mom said. "Wanna go meet my sister Gemma?" He asked. "Sure. It was nice meeting you, Anne" I said. We went upstairs and Marcel opened a door. "Hey Gem" He said. "Hey" She said. "This is Lela" Marcel said. "Hi! I'm Gemma" She said. We went to Marcel's room and started working on the paper.

•2 hours later•

"Done" I said. "Now we don't have to worry about it" Marcel said. "Yeah and it's due next month!" I said. "Hey, would you two like a snack?" Anne asked. "Yes please" Marcel said. She handed us each a bowl of Cheese Puffs. "Thank you" I said. She walked out and Marcel and I sat side by side on the floor. "Marcel" I said. "Yeah?" He asked. We looked at each other before I-I kissed him. "I'm sor-" I started. "It's OK, Lela" He said. "I have to go" I said. "OK see you tomorrow?" Marcel asked. "Yeah" I said. "Bye" He said. "Bye" I said walking out of his room. "Bye" I said waving to Anne. "Bye sweetie" She said. I got in my car and drove back to my house. "Hey mom" I said. "Hey" She said. "Finished my paper" I said. "Good" She said stirring something in a pot. "I'm gonna go up to my room" I said. I went up to my room and shut my door. I opened my laptop and got on Facebook. People have been sending messages.

Hey Lela, I saw what you did for Marcel this morning.

Lela you are so nice to Marcel. No one likes him he is a total geek.

Why do you hang out with him?

Don't defend Marcel. You should worry about yourself.

Those are just a few messages. I shut my laptop and laid down. I thought about the kids at my old school. They where real asses. I'm glad I met Marcel. He is sweet. I'm glad I kissed him. I left my room and went to the kitchen. Dinner was ready and I really don't feel like eating with my mom and sister. My Dad died when I was 6. He was in the Army and a road side bomb blew up when he was driving past it. I grabbed one of the plates of food sitting on the table and walked back to my room. I began eating while surfing TV channels. "Spongebob" I said stopping on that show. My phone beeped so I checked my messages. It was from my sister.

Sis:Hey my new boyfriend is coming over tomorrow

Me:Cool

Sis:I was to lazy to get out of my room and tell you

Me:I thought so.

I went back to watching TV until I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning. It was Saturday. I got out of bed and went to my bathroom. My long brown hair was messy but still in the ponytail I had it in yesterday. I took it down but put it back up in a not so messy ponytail. I went to my closet and put on some red shorts and a black crop top. I put on my black flats and went down stairs. "Hey Mom is at work and Ethan should be here any minute" My sister Marlee said. "Can't wait to meet him" I said putting a piece of gum in my mouth. Someone knocked on the door and Marlee went to open it. A tall guy with a football jersey on walked in. He looks familiar. "Ethan this is my sister, Lela" Marlee said.

"Hey, you have the same face as Marlee" He said. "Yeah, we're identical twins" I said. "Like the Olsen twins or something like that?" He asked. "Jesus Christ" I said walking into the living room. I trying to think where I saw him. Maybe I saw him a school. Wait, THAT IS THE GUY THAT TRIED TO PUNCH MARCEL. "MARLEE COME HERE" I said. The two walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "What is it?" She asked. "I have a question for Ethan" I said. "Yeah what is it?" He asked. "Have you ever punched or physically hurt anyone?" I asked. "No" He said. "Well that's crazy" I said. "How?" Marlee asked. "Because you punched me in the stomach yesterday when I jumped in front of Marcel!" I said. I ran upstairs and into my room. I heard a knock at my door and I'm pretty sure it is Marlee. "Come in" I said. "Hey babe" Ethan said. "I'm Lela not Marlee" I said. "I know" He said walking towards me. "Get away from me" I said. "Why?" He asked turning me head toward his. "I SAID GET AWAY FROM ME" I screamed.

I punched him in the nose and he backed up. "What is going on in here?" Marlee asked walking in. "Ethan happened" I said looking over at Ethan who was bent over holding his nose. "Come on Ethan" Marlee said taking him out of my room. They went to her room and I got my phone and texted Marcel.

Me: Hey wanna come over and hang?
Marcel: Be there in 5.

I walked down stairs so I could wait for Marcel. I heard a knock at the door. "It's open" I said. Marcel walked in but he looked different.

Hey guyyys!!! I'm not sure if this chapter is very good but it is all up to you guys:)
Sorry for the short chapter but I promise I will make the next ones longer❤️
Instagram: ThatFifthTommo