The Orphanage

Once upon a time, triplet girls were born. When the oldest was born, all the animals came to see or looked in her direction, her parents named her Fawn. When the middle sister was born, a breeze went through the whole town shifting all the plants and flowers towards her, her parents named her Aurora. When the youngest was born, it started raining and storming, her parents named her Raina. Raina's parents did not like that it was raining; they thought it was an evil omen. In fact, that night, the father wrapped Raina in a pink blanket and took her to the local orphanage.

"Goodbye Raina" He whispered placing her on the "WELCOME" doormat. The father fished out a bracelet from his wet jacket's pocket. The bracelet was a thick gold chained bracelet with one charm on it. That charm was a sapphire in the the shape of a raindrop with "RAINA" in the middle. Raina was asleep so her father carefully wrapped her little fingers around one of the chain links.

He kissed Raina's forehead and sits up to take one final look at her and a teardrop splashes on her forehead. He stands up and rings the doorbell. Raina starts crying from the noise but her father swiftly runs to the side of the house. He tries his best not to slip in mud from the current rainstorm and is successful. He peeks back at his daughter showing as little as him as possible.

The door opened and an older woman is standing there. She is wearing a white with pink poke-a-dotted nightgown and matching hair hat, an eye cover is pushed up on her forehead, and she has pink slippers on.

"Who insists on waking me up at this hour" the woman started rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She looked down at Raina crying and immediately dropped to knees. "Oh no, what are you doing here little one?" she said in a soothing voice. She start cooing and shushing Raina as continues crying. The woman looked up in front of her then turned her head to the right, Raina's father slid out of view. The woman turned her head to the left and back in front of her. She had a frown on her face as she picks Raina up off the ground.

"Hmm do you have a name?" The woman asked ominously as the father slid back to watch. She noticed the bracelet in Raina's hand. "Raina," the woman said slowly, "ok Raina; let's get you inside out of the cold." The woman said looking around one final time to see if she can see who might have dropped off the child before shutting the door.

AUTHOR's NOTE

So I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything but I got inspired to write again. My inspiration this time was from the Disney move: "Meet the Robinsons." I got inspired after I watched the scene where Lewis goes back in time to see his mom dropping him off at the orphanage.

I am not sure if I should continue this or not since when I get inspired, I just write till the idea is sapped dry. Then I go back and clean up the writing piece. There are a couple ideas attached to this story but you all tell me: are you interested? Let me know below.

Thanks for reading,

GREG P :D