Chapter 2

*The Next Day*

Sodapop's P.O.V
Yesterday was crazy. My brother, his friends and my best friend got jumped. I feel really bad that I wasn't there for Edith. When I got jumped once she there for me. She fought every Soc that tried to get near me. I feel bad that I wasn't there. Ever since we met I knew that we were gonna be great friends, and we are. I really don't tell anyone stuff but I tell her stuff and she tells me stuff. When I have problems she helps me with it. She told me about how she likes Johnny. I think that's cute they will be a cute couple. I been trying to get it out of Johnny that he likes her but he doesn't want to spit it out. But I think it's cute.

Edith's P.O.V
I woke up in pain. I turned around and saw that Two-bit wasn't in his bed. I got up I picked out my clothes for school and I went to go shower. When I got out I went into the room I saw that Two-bit was there. I told him to get out for I could changed so he did. I wore white crop top, black high waisted shorts, black and white converse. I put my hair in a ponytail and I put on a black bandana. I told Two-bit that it's was okay for him to come in so he did. "Want to go to the Curtis House?" he asked me. "sure let's go."

We decided to walk. "Two-bit carry me I'm tired!" I said joking. Two-bit carried me and I couldn't see where we were going only if I turned my head around. I heard the gang so I'm guessing we arrived. "Two-bit put me down!" he threw me on the couch. "Gee thanks for throwing me" I said sarcastically. "Your welcome baby sister" he said and then he kissed my forehead then he went to the kitchen. "Hey Edith can you wake up Pony and Soda for me?" Darry asked. "Yeah" "Thanks princess" "Your welcome Dar Bear" I yell as I'm going up stairs. "Pony wake up you have school. Soda wake up you have to go to work." "5 more minutes please." "No 2 minutes." "Okay." they said. I waited for 2 minutes and I tickled them. They tickled me back I fell on my butt. They laughed but Pony laughed harder. "Guys it's not funny" I said while trying so hard not to laugh but I failed. Soda picked me up and started spinning me around. "Sodapop Patrick Curtis, Put me down!!" "Never!" So I just let him spin me around while Pony got dressed. He threw me on the bed I was dizzy. I went down stairs to get my dizziness away. "Pony hurry we need to go to school!" I yell. "I'm coming! Is Ariana and Johnny here yet?" "Yeah hurry up! We waiting on you!" Pony finally got down. "Got your switch blade princess?" Soda and Dally asked. "Yeah guys." "Okay then be safe best friend." Soda said while he kissed my forehead. "Have a good day at work best friend!" I said as I hugged him.

We headed out and Ariana looked at me and said "Your lucky!" I looked at her with confusion. "How? And Pony you have a cigarette?" "Yeah here." Pony said as he handed me the cigarette. "Well you have a switch blade. But you don't even need one you fight good! I need one. Dally gave you it cause he loves and cares about you." Ariana said. "Best friend I will get you a blade. Don't worry okay. Also I thought that was a big lie cause Dally doesn't love anyone except you and Johnny." "And how are you going to do that? And no he loves you too. " she asked. "I'm going to steal it duh and oh okay then I love him too." I said and she laughed. "Go talk to Pony." so she went. I stayed in the back when I noticed Johnny coming to me. "Hey Johnny Cake. How you been?" I asked. "Hey princess and I been fine but my parents are beating me again." he said and looked down. "Really? Don't worry about it anymore. You could stay at my house. You can't get hurt anymore. And Dally and I are still gonna get the guy who did that to your face... Was it the guy from yesterday?" "No it wasn't him. I will show you at school. And yeah I will stay at your house." "Okay then."

When we arrived at school some socs came up to us. "What are you two beautiful ladies hanging out with trash like this?" he asked us while his group of idiots were laughing. "Well ugly look this 'Trash' are my friends. Wait they ain't trash, you are." I told them and gave them a cold stare. They stopped laughing and gave me a glare. "Get out of here I don't want to see your ugly faces anymore!" I yelled. They looked at each other and left. "Idiots" I say as they walk away. "Gee Edith I never knew you were so tough." Johnny said. "Dally taught me to be tough." I replied.