may

It was in the middle of the night when I snuck out. I knew exactly what I was going to do. Michael had me convinced my mom would hate me, but it was worth a try.

All the way down the street, I couldn't help but feel bad. If my mom ever forgave me, I was going to leave. 

It wasn't as easy as just leaving. I didn't have any money. I doubted my mom would take me back, and if she didn't, I had no way to get home. 

Even if I left Michael, would anyone else want me? Michael constantly told me how much I needed him. He did save me here, afterall.

It was rude to just leave. But I had to.

Deep down, I knew Michael would be okay. Somehow. He had his friends. (Not that they were that great anyways).

Eventually I saw the phone booth. I jogged the last few feet to t he booth, wiping the rain out of my eyes, and pushing my sopping bangs to the side.

I was so close. 

I took a deep breath, and dialed in my mother's phone number.

She didn't answer.

It was in the middle of the night. Did I really think she would?

I had enough for one more phone call. I slipped in the coins with sweaty fingers, praying she answered.

And it rang. And rang.

Before I thought this was done, it stopped. She answered.

"Mom?"