Opportunity Of A Life Time

Opportunity of a Life Time

Serena could not be happier today. She woke up next to her boyfriend Ash who she loved and the night before she had taken first place at the Pokemon Showcase, Master Class. Making her the the top Pokemon Performer in all of Kalos.
Ash got up soon after Serena and decided to make her breakfast in bed in honor of her achievement. Serena was so happy to have a boyfriend like Ash to take care of her and she knew Ash felt the same way about her. Ash brought in breakfast and sat down next to Serena. "Serena I'm so proud of you, I told you, you could do it!" Ash said smiling at his love. "Thanks so much Ash, I really appreciate all the support you gave me." Serena said still eating her breakfast. "Oh it was nothing!" Replied Ash putting his arm around Serena.

After breakfast was finished Ash, Serena, and friends walked out of the Pokemon Center and began walking to Victory Road where Ash would face the Kalos League. But as they were walking two men dressed in suites came running after them.

"Hello we're representatives from PokeBros Performances, the number one traveling Pokemon Performance Showcase in all of Kalos! We saw you last night Serena and we know you a truly PokeBros material and we'd like you to join our elite group!"

"Oh my gosh yes this is a huge honor!" Replied an extremely happy Serena. "Glad you feel that way." Said one of the men. "We just wanted to make sure stay in town because tonight we are going to bring over a contract, and tomorrow you and your friends will be joining us for year long tour." Stated the other. "Wow this is so awesome Serena!" Said Bonnie and Clemont at the same time."Wow Serena this is amazing" said Ash hugging Serena. As Ash hugged her Serena remembered something and looked at Ash and said "Wait but if we leave now, you won't get to compete in the Kalos League Ash." Ash looked at Serena and smiled saying " Serena I can complete in other leagues, but for you this is the opportunity of a lifetime! You have to take it." Serena smiled back, turned to the men and said "I accept!" "Excellent!" Said one of the men. "We'll be back tonight with the contract." Stated the other. The two men then walked away smiling, happy they got the newest member of there team.

'A few hours later'

The gang was eating lunch and the smile still hadn't left Serena's face. She couldn't believe how generous Ash was, giving up his own dream to let her live hers. This once again reminded her how much he loved her.

"Ash, are you sure you want me to do this? I mean you've been training for the Kalos League for almost a year now." Serena said looking at her love. "Of course I want you to take this job Serena this is your dream, and I've told you before you being happy is my top priority, being a Pokemon Master is now second to me." Ash replied holding Serena's hands. "Ok Ash, thank you I just wanted to make sure." Serena replied smiling at Ash.

'Later that night'

It was almost time the two PokeBros men would be there any minute and Serena was so happy. Not just for the job but how great Ash was to her and how he always put her first, even over his pokemon sometimes. She remembered all the great things he had done for her to show how much he loved her. He invited her to join him on his journey, he made her a beautiful candle lit picnic, always carried her bags(no matter how heavy), and even stayed faithful to her when Dawn made a move on him. She couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.

Then she realized something, Ash had put so much effort into the relationship, just to make her happy and Serena knew that it was time she did the same.

The two men returned and Serena came out. The men put the contract on the table, handed Serena a pen and asked her to sign the line. Bonnie, Clemont, and Ash all looked on with pure happiness. Serena then turned looked at her friends and boyfriend, smiled, picked up the contract and ripped it in half.

Everyone in the room looked at Serena with shocked expressions, they couldn't believe what she had just done. There was a silence that was broken by Serena when she said "I'm sorry I can't accept this job at this time. Thank you for the offer." "Serena what are you doing? This is your dream." Ash replied looking very confused. "No Ash this isn't my dream, being with you that's my dream. You've done so much for me, it's time I start doing the same." Replied Serena holding Ash's shoulders. "Serena are you sure?" Ash asked his love. "Yes Ash I'm sure." Replied Serena. The two then hugged and Ash looked at his beautiful girlfriend saying "I love you so much Serena." "I love you too Ash." Replied Serena.

As the two PokeBros men saw this they nodded at each other, said thank you for there time, and walked out.

'About a month later'

"Gardevoir is unable to battle, Pikachu wins! Which makes the winner of this battle and new Kalos League champion Ash Ketchum!" Said the referee. After Ash heard that he ran right over to Pikachu hugging the electric mouse. He then began jumping with joy. Serena, looking at her boyfriend smiling thought back to last month, remembering her decision and seeing how happy Ash was she knew she had made the right choice. There will be other jobs, but there will be only one Ash Ketchum, she thought to herself. She then ran to her boyfriend and kissed him. "Ash I'm so proud of you!" Serena said to her love still hugging him. "Thanks Serena I couldn't have done it without you!" Ash replied. The two then kissed once again, both wondering what new adventures will come there way in the future.