Waiting For You

The bidders all waited in the hospital corridor as Kira went into surgery, wheeled away by doctors. Eisuke, Mamoru, and Baba were silent, sitting down with their heads bowed whilst Soryu nervously paced around the room.

Ota was off in a corner by himself, head in his hand as he waited.

Waited for someone, anyone,  to tell him that Kira was safe.

Waited to enter that room and see her smile at him.

But that would be almost impossible as the doctor's words clung to his mind, taunting him. "She wasn't fully healed from her motorbike accident... Her survival rate is 5%."

I mean, what was the point of doing surgery? Just to mock them that they didn't save her? And mock them that they couldn't do anything?

Ota sighed, his mind, for the first time, replaying all the moments he and Kira had shared. And after that walk down memory lane, he couldn't help but blame himself for everything. How she joined the Dragons, how she started killing, how she got into this mess because of him.

Everything that happened, he wanted to blame everything on him. He was feet away from the emergency room, and he could hear the rushed orders from surgeons to nurses. She had 3 bullets lodged within her. Two in her right leg, and one in her neck.

Could they even save her?

~*****~

It's been 4 hours since the surgery began, and the bidders were still in the hospital, praying desperately that Kira could be saved.It had only been about a year, but the bidders have come to befriend Kira.

Not only that, but this was Soryu's sister. And the bidders knew, despite him cheating, Ota had truly fallen for her. It was already night, 10:00 to be exact, but although it was time to leave, the bidders refused to do so, Eisuke even going as far as to bribe them which the staff of course denied.

"What if she doesn't make it...?" Baba mutters, he was the first to speak in hours but that only earned him a glare from Soryu. "Don't you dare say that. Kira's strong, she'll make it..." But inside, Soryu barely had any scrap of faith anymore, and he was losing more and more by the second.

"Soryu, we need to face facts here... She only has 5%, that's barely anything out of a hundred." Eisuke comments from the side and Soryu sighs, tugging on his tie. "But 5% is better than nothing right now, have some hope." he growls in reply, and Eisuke stays quiet when a nurse suddenly bursts through the ER door.

"Her heart rate is dropping doc, we need to hurry and make the incision, now or never." 2 more doctors run in, and the more time passes, the more doctors or nurses come in and the more the bidders become anxious.

"We should get something to eat if we're staying here, boys." Baba suggests, gesturing to a vending machine nearby. "Just get me something," Eisuke nods, followed by Mamoru. "Ota, you want anything?"

"I just want Kira..." he mutters, turning away from his best friend. Baba knows better than to interfere at the moment and turns to Soryu, who shakes his head no. The thief walks off with the bidders' orders and walks over to the vending machine.

He passes by the ER, and through the rectangular small windows on the doors, he could see nurses running around and gathering medical supplies, running back into the operation room. He sighs and returns back to the bidders later with their requested food.

~*****~

It's been 9 hours since the surgery began, and doctors and nurses only rushed in and out of the room. It was 3:00 in the morning, and the bidders were beginning to get sleepy, especially Ota, emotionally drained from all the crying the past several hours.

But he couldn't bring himself to sleep. No.

Not when the only person he's ever truly loved is this close to dying. He at least needed to see her one more time.

The other bidders were all droopy eyed, sleepy as hell. Baba had fallen asleep, and of course Mamoru. Eisuke and Soryu trying their best not to.

An hour more later, nurses and doctors began to disperse, one by one, exiting the ER. But none of the men could see any expressions on their face.

No twinkle in their eyes, no smile, no frown. All poker faces. And that definitely was something they did not need right now.

Soon, Kira's doctor and the lead surgeon for the operation comes out back in his white coat and normal clothes and out of the bloody scrubs he wore.

"How is she?" 

"Did she make it?" "Tell me she made it!"

"She didn't make it..."

All the bidders were panicking, crowding around the doctor and demanding for answers, except Ota, who had begun crying again, leaning against the wall in the corner.

The doctor noticed the blonde artist and walked straight towards him. "Are you with Ms. Satomi?"

"Y-Yes... I am." "Well, you seem like you need the news the most."

"She's..."

~*****~

A/N:

Hey guys! I'm cutting it off here, sorry for the cliff hanger but I have some important news you need to read!

1) This was the last chapter and the endings are coming.

2) The endings are separate, and you may choose to read both or not. One is the sad ending and the other is the happy ending. Again, you may choose which one to read or both.

3) Thank you so much for all the reads, approximately 900 now, thank you!

4) I'm doing the happy ending so save your tissues for the sad one! Bye!

Ciao!

~DarkAngel