A Really Bad Ending

"Everything was finally going back to how it was before the freeze. The few who have already become free of their frozen chains have no realization of what really happened other than seeing all their friends and other students, teachers, and staff still frozen. I have no doubt that the two of us will have to explain to everyone what had happened, but I don't know how much I should say, how much would be too much for them to hear, how little would not be enough. From here, we work forwards, never looking back at what had happened. We may always remember it, but we will not bring it up, we will not brag about it or use it to inflict fear in others, we will live as we had before, just like everyone else has for every other terrible event in the history of the world. The End."

The sounds of cheering and applause took over the room when the story had finished. Even the teacher seemed to like what I wrote. My best friends all the way in the back, Erica and Randy, they were ecstatic even though they had forced me to read it to them before my presentation. As the sounds began to quiet down I knew what came next and I wasn't sure what to expect. My teacher was always incredibly hard to please when it came to stories like this one, but I hope he isn't too harsh about his criticism this time.

"Well done Miss Ki-" He began.

I turned around to look at the clock above my head. It was frozen. Then  I hear it, faintly, but in the back of my mind, the familiar deep voice in a whispering tone, almost like from a dream. Erica and Randy stand up at the back of the room. Looking at each other, we kne what happened. Then suddenly, a black pit of shadows rose above our heads to the center of the ceiling, we looked up, and those three words played again in the same voice, same tone, but we all heard it.

It has begun.

The Clock Stoppedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें