So You Went To The Park

School is finally over today and you begin to walk down the sidewalk. You see Karkat and wave him over. He rolls his eyes and walks across the road to you.

"YEAH?"

"Uh...Hey...Will you walk around with me for a little? My mom and dad aren't home and the door is locked. I have to wait a few hours until they are home..."

"UH...SURE...I GUESS..." The blush is back on his face.

"Okay. Thanks. Wanna go to the park?" You smile and look at him. What if he is flushed for you? Of course he's not.

"SURE. LETS GO." He began to walk. You walk beside him and think.

"Thanks for walking with me." You look down and thought. You've never been alone with him.

He nods. "ITS NOTHING REALLY. ITS BETTER THAN GOING HOME TO THAT ASSHOLE KANKRI."

"Are you still stressed about your classes?" You look over at him. You just need to keep a conversation going. You nod to yourself.

"NOT REALLY? IT WAS A TEST AND IM PRETTY FUCKING SURE I NAILED IT." He looks at you and you both instantly look away when your eyes meet.

"That's good...um...so...." Damn. You can't think of a topic.

"I CAN PUSH YOU IN THE SWINGSET IF YOU WANT." He looks ahead and you look at him. You chuckle.

"Okay. That sounds awesome." I look around and take a turn. The park is just around the next corner. Just make a conversation until then. "So um..."

"SORRY I RAN AWAY EARLIER IN THE CAFETERIA. I UH...HAD TO TALK WITH GAMZEE." you know he's lying.

"Oh. Okay. I was wondering. I mean...I didn't really care but...ya know...I care about you...but I care about all my friends..." You blush and look down. You have failed. You sigh.

"WHY IS YOUR FACE ALL RED? ARE YOU OKAY?" He looks at you and crosses his arms. You nod.

"I'm fine..."

You make it to the park and a few hours pass of talking and swinging. You are setting on the bench with him. You could spend all day with him and not get bored. You know you're in love with him. You can't tell him though.

"(Y/N) HELLO? I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION FOR 5 FUCKING MINUTES. WHATS ON YOUR MIND?" He crosses his arms.

"I..um...no-nothing really..just...I don't know...uh...Its not anying important..or...anything..."

"OKAY. SHUT UP. ITS FINE."

You continue to mumble and think of words to say until you feel a hand on your arm. You only have time to look up before Karkats lips press against yours. You must be dreaming. You set for a moment and when your about to kiss back he pulls away.

You see his face is as red as yours. You are stunned so you set there and look at him. You watch him stand up. "I'VE GOTTA GO." You barely hear him. You watch him walk away from you as you set speechless on the bench.