Chapter 12

The next day Mitch's alarm was set for 5am for his early flight, this paired with the after effects of almost a whole bottle of chardonnay at dinner last night made the start of his day less than pleasant. Looking around his room he quickly remembered that he hadn't yet packed a thing into his suitcase and he had yet to locate the piece of paper with his ticket reference number on it in order to collect his ticket at the airport.

He pulled himself out of bed, groaning at his headache. He was glad Scott had got him back to his hotel at a reasonable time otherwise he would have had sleep deprivation piled on top of the pain he was already in. He stumbled over to his suitcase to grab some painkillers and downed them with some water. He then rushed to the bathroom to get ready to leave, he had less than an hour until the taxi he had booked would be here and there was a lot of stuff to fit into that time.

He felt angry at himself for not packing before he went to bed last night but judging on the hangover, he probably wasn't in the right mood to do anything that productive. His tolerance for alcohol had gone down so much since he'd moved out of college dorms and into his own place just over a year ago (coincidentally around the same time he started exploring being a Little).

Mitch put on the jeans and t shirt he'd worn on the flight out, slapped some concealer on under his eyes and put his hair in a bun and called himself 'ready', deciding that looking in the mirror for too long wouldn't be the best idea. He then ran around the room collecting the many scattered items of clothing and toys that he couldn't believe he'd ever fitted into his tiny suitcase to begin with. He packed away all his clothes and toiletries as well as of his stuffies and placed his blanket on top. He then tried to zip up the suitcase. The zip wouldn't budge.

"Damn it." Mitch cursed, sitting on top of the suitcase and using all of his weight to try and close the zipper. It budged like an inch and then sat there, refusing to budge almost petulantly. "Please close!" He begged. Re-opening the case he moved some things around to see if that would make it close easier. He knew he shouldn't have bought touristy souvenirs yesterday! Suddenly the zipper closed and Mitch sighed in relief. "Thank god."

He gave his room one last check and looking around on the other side of the bed he found another stuffed toy he'd completely forgotten about. He picked Rilakkuma up off the floor and carefully placed the bear in his Celine bag, not wanting to try and fit any more into the suitcase.

Over an hour later he was sat in front of a departures board in the Duty Free shopping area of the airport waiting for his flight to appear on the screen. The check in and security had been annoying as always, he hated watching his Celine go off on a conveyor belt to be scanned. It was his most prized possession after getting it second hand (and it was still super expensive for a college student). Mitch always got beeped while going through the metal detector because he never took off his bracelets or his septum piercing, this time was no different, except normally the person who would pat him down and invade his privacy was nice.

Today the guy doing the searches was not nice, he stunk of stale cigarette smoke and had a permanent scowl on his face which only seemed to grow more angry at the sight of Mitch. He glared at Mitch throughout the whole search and although it was only for a few seconds it felt like a lifetime. He shuddered in his seat at the memory.

Mitch decided to think about something nicer to pass the time. He thought about his date with Scott last night. The man had wined and dined Mitch after a perfect day of sightseeing. Mitch didn't think he'd ever had such a perfect day and it made every other date he'd ever been on look terrible. Every moment together he could feel himself growing closer to Scott. He didn't want to rush into things though, and was glad that their weekend together wouldn't be for two weeks, although he slightly hoped that Scott would contact him before that.

He picked up his phone and decided to flick through the (slightly drunk) selfies they had taken together after the dinner. He thought he looked a hot mess but Scott looked perfect as always, he concluded that he'd have to crop himself out of the photos before showing Kirstie. Scott had kissed him when he dropped him off at his hotel but it was an unspoken rule that he shouldn't come up to Mitch's hotel room. Despite his annoyance at this at the time, he was now glad that they hadn't taken it further than kissing goodbye. It would be much more special if their first time together wasn't a quick drunken romp, was fully planned, and while Mitch was in Little-space.

Snapping out of his thoughts he heard an announcement on the speakers in the airport about his flight number, he looked up at the screen and saw that his gate was open. He quickly gathered his bags and headed off in what he hoped was the right direction, still slightly distracted by his previous thoughts of Scott.