I know she meant it

"You sure you want one more?" Alex asks, handing me another shot of tequila.

New Year's Eve. The Arctic Monkeys are having a quick gig at a club nearby. We got special entrances for that. Miles, Matt, Nick and Cookie(and some girlfriends of theirs) were staying at a hotel for the winter holiday, mostly spending time with Alex and I. In a week or so, school's starting. Crap. Anyway, this is not the time to think about school. The club is full, the music loud, the walls are wet, everyone's dancing, enjoying the last hour of the year. The boys will be singing from 0:30 to 1:15. They said they wouldn't get drunk till then. So they all had one shot of tequila. For now.

"Yeah." I swallow it, feeling the inside of my throat burn. For which felt like the third time. I was really getting pretty dizzy.

"Phoebe, please stop drinking at least till we finish, ok?" Alex said, kissing me.

"Uh-huh... I will go find Isaac and Sky." I shout over the loud music. Some shitty Irish band was now playing some shitty rock. My boyfriend sings it better, suckers.

I climb off the tall bar chair and go at our table in the corner. I only find Miles, who is frantically getting ready to take the stage and Dylan and Haley, who are drinking whiskey and smoking something that smells awful. What the hell are they smoking, I got no idea.

"Good luck, Miles, kick their shitty Irish asses out there." I pet him on the shoulder, feeling tipsy. I've never been drunk since... Well, I've never been drunk before.

"Umm yeah, sure I will... Are you alright, Phoebe?!" He gives me a questioning look.

"Hell yeah I am, I really am!" I scream, laughing hysterically. Yeah, Miles, I am clearly enjoying the night.

"Where are Isaac and Sky, eh?" I ask Haley. She puffs some smoke at me and says that they're on the dance floor.

"Twats." I mutter, still laughing.

An hour later, I am desperately trying to count with Al, Matt, Nick, Miles, Cookie(and their girlfriends who ade quite as drunk as I am) Haley, Skyler, Dylan and Isaac. Counting along with some other tons of already drunk people is great fun. Seeing the non-drunk count correctly, actually, makes me laugh like a crazy bitch. I've been laughing all night long, for nothing in particular. And the night's just starting.

"10...8.. Oh no, erm 9! Shit.. 6... Al look at me.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Happy New Year!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs as everyone cheers and applauses.

"Happy New Year, love." Alex says, touching the small of my back, pulling me for a long kiss.

"Happy New Year, you sexy little swine."

He pulls away, raising an eyebrow.

"I know you're drunk if you use my lyrics." He chuckles and kisses me again, harder this time.

"...just wait a bit longer, ok, babe?" He whispers in my ear, touching my butt. Hell yes, Al.

***

Thirty minutes later, Alex and the lads are rocking the hell out of the club. My eyes are burning and my body is shaking from the alcohol. Of course I didn't particularly respect Alex's command of not drinking until they were off stage.

Alex jumped around the stage, hitting a few chords of his electric guitar.

Everyone responded with woos and yeas and so Library pictures started playing after The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala.

"LIBRARY PICTURES OF THE QUICKENING CANOE!!" Alex would sing, making every girl join.

The guys were great, really. So energetic and all. But God, Alex... Was he perfect...