Jed and Octavius's Adventure

[Okay, this is for a library project so idk what I'm writing. Just go with it.]

The exhibits stretched as the moon finally rose. Octavius sheaths his sword, which he had been holding upright all day. He orders his troops to continue training, while he throws a rope over the edge of his diorama, sliding down.

Meanwhile, in the Old West Diorama, Ol' Jedediah immediately goes toward the edge and throws his own rope over, climbing down to meet his partner, Octavius.

"Good night, Jedediah," Octavius greets his best friend.

"Howdy, partner!" Jed responds. Larry walks in to the Hall of Miniatures and places an RC car by the two plastic men. "Hey Gigantor!"

"Hey guys," Larry says. "Actually get back to your dioramas tonight."

"Of course, my liege!" Octavius states, placing his fist over his heart.

"Ain't makin' no promises, Gigantor." Larry sighs and leaves the room, going to check on the other exhibits. "C'mon partner!" Jedediah climbs into the RC car, Octavius following close behind.

"Where to tonight?" Octavius wonders, removing his helmet and placing it on the backseat. "Or perhaps just a ride through the museum?" Jed whips his hat off, placing it in the back with Octavius' helmet, and starts up the car.

"I don't know!" Jed shouts, quickly accelerating the car. "YEEHAW!!" Octavius laughs as they speed around a corner into the lobby of the museum. They swerve in-between the legs of exhibits and people alike, almost getting stepped on by Rexy.

"Watch out!" Octavius yells as Dexter leaps in front of the speeding car. Jedediah slams on the brakes, throwing the two miniatures forward in their seats. Dexter peers into the RC car and smiles at the two. "Sorry!" Octavius apologizes, sticking his head out through the window. The grinning capuchin picks up the car with the tiny men inside and runs out of the lobby.

"Hey! Put us down!" Jedediah orders, being completely ignored by the monkey. Dexter comes to the end of a hallway, placing the car on a windowsill and opening the window. Picking up the car once more, Dexter gently places it on the snow outside. "Hey! What d'ya think you're doing?!" The window closes and Jedediah and Octavius are faced with a predicament.

"That darn monkey! What in tarnation was he thinking, putting us in a pickle like this?" Jed complains, starting up the car.

"I believe we should find a way to get back inside," Octavius states. "Though luckily, the night is young, we have plenty of time." They drive in reverse for a bit, far enough away from the building to turn around. Jed turns and drives in the direction he thinks the entrance to the building is in.

~

"We need to contact Gigantor. We can't find the entrance anywhere," Jed mutters, drumming his fingers against the steering wheel. Octavius places a hand on Jedediah's tense arm. They've been driving for roughly an hour.

"Relax, my liege. We will a find a way back or Larry will find us before dawn," the Roman general soothes. Jed glances at Octavius. "We will get out of this predicament!" Jedediah looks forward.

"What about this one, kemosabe?" Octavius focuses on a dark mass outside of the car, directly ahead. "What in tarnation is it?" He slows the car down to a stop. The dark mass moves closer to the car.