Chapter 18

Chapter 18 (8 p.m., Emily, September third, 1 month later)

It was September third when Amy, Bri and I started to come up with a plan agaisnt Alex and Evil. We still didn;t have everything covered.

I told Amy and Bri both though that they could not say anything to anyone else but one another. That everything they found out had to stay secret. I guess that was my way of saying no more could be hurt. That Bri and Amy were enough.

They agreed to it, though Bri hated keeping things from our friends. I had to agree with her on that. It was a terrible thing to know that you would have to keep something from those you live with, with those you have known for almost a year since you have been here. It sucks really.

It was eight p.m. before any of us were able to talk to one another again and when we finally could after all my work that had to be done that day we talked more about our plans for the day that was soon to come.

"So what has everyone come up with today?" I asked in our usual spot in Bri's room. We still had never picked an actual spot for our meetings, so Bri's room was the best for now.

"Well listening into Alex and a few other kids I heard he was talking going out tonight, though that will not really help much." Bri said.

I looked at Bri questioningly, "Why is he going out?" I asked.

"That I do not know." She said, "All I know is that he is planning on going out tonight. I warn though that it may not be good."

"I'm telling you its not good," Someone said from the door.

'Crap,' I thought, as we all looked to see Derrick at the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Joining the group." He said, and I looked at both Bri and Amy to find out who told. Neither of them did though.

"How did you know about it?"

"I have known for about two weeks now," He said, "You guys though are not good at keeping things secret."

We all looked at him in shock then, "How is that possible, we made sure no one followed us around when we talked." I said.

Derrick laughed, "Yea no you didn't," He said, "I was able to hear you guys talk most of the time about plans."

"Ugh," I said as I hit my hand against my head, "We have got to be more careful." I said to both Amy and Bri.

"Yea I think we do." They said together.

"Anyways what do you know?" I asked Derrick.

Derrick thought about it for a second before he answered, "Well I could tell you but you have to let me in the group with you guys." He said.

I sighed, of course he would say that, "That is something that we would have to talk about." I said.

Derrick nodded then said, "I guess what I know can wait then," And he began to walk away.

"Derrick," I called as he turned the corner of Bri's room.

A second later Derrick was in the room again, with his smirk on his face, "Decided already?" He asked being a smart ass.

I glared at him, "You better watch it boy," I said, then I looked at Bri and Amy, "What do you think?"

"I guess we can let him in." Amy said, then looked at Bri for what she thought.

Bri nodded, "Yea he can join, but he must know our rules."

Derrick looked scared but complied, "What are the rules?" He asked.