More Than That

Shawn and I are walking through the mall with our arms linked when all of a sudden he pulls his arm away from mine. He takes a few steps away from me and walks up to someone, giving him a bro hug. I walk behind him and kind of just stand there, wondering who this person is and if Shawn's going to introduce me or not.

"Dude, who's this?" the boy asks.

He seems uncomfortable as he answers, "Uh, this is (y/n) she's my- uh friend. (Y/n) this is Ian." I've heard Shawn talk about him but I've never formally met him, until now.

Ian raises a brow, "Just a friend?"

I start to feel uncomfortable, I know Shawn's going to say yes, he always does. He acts all lovey dovey and does things a friend wouldn't do with me behind closed doors, then he sees someone he knows and its like nothing happened.

Well, the two of us are friends, but I want to be more and Shawn knows that. The thing with Shawn is that he wants no strings attached, all the luxuries of a relationship with out one.

"Yeah, just a friend," he laughs, bro hugging Ian before walking off, me trailing behind.

I'm sick of this, Shawn constantly gives me mixed signals and I want someone who actually wants me and will show me off like how I deserve.

About a month later.

I kept my distance from Shawn this past month and he didn't seem to mind, given the fact that he rarely contacts me. He only texted me when he was in the mood.

I'm out with Jack, a boy I've  been talking to ever since I stopped messing with Shawn. Jack's sweet, respectful, funny and incredibly handsome. He's not afraid to show me off, even though the we aren't dating, yet.

We're standing hand in hand in line at Froyo world. Once Jack pays for our treats, we sit at a cute table for two.

We're enjoying our ice cream and joking around when the bell at the top of the entrance door rings, signaling that people are walking in. Out of habit, I look at the door, instantly regretting it. In walks Shawn, Ian and a few other people. As soon as our eyes meet I look away, resuming conversation with Jack.

We finish and I get up and throw the empty yogurt cups into the trash. I feel someone tap my shoulder, I already know who it is. "(Y/n)?"

I roll my eyes, already getting sick of this conversation. "What is it Shawn?"

"What happened to us?" Shawn asks, pointing between us.

"What do you mean us? There was never an 'us.' It was just you giving me mixed signals and confusing me," I tell him.

"I know and I'm sorry. I really am. I want more, just like what you want. Seeing you with that douche," he motions to a very confused Jack, "Made me realize what I want."

Who does he think he is? He can't just show up and expect me to still want him. "Woah woah, Jacks's not a douche, you are. I'm done with you Shawn, I thought I made it clear. What I'm doing with Jack is what I wanted to do with you, for a long time. You can't get mad when you see me doing what I was trying to do with you with someone else. Unfortunately for you, that's not how it works."

He sighs and mumbles some words I can't hear. Jack comes up behind me and grabs my hand.

"Well, maybe I'll see you around, bye Shawn," I say with a toothless smile.

"Bye, (y/n). I'll miss you," he whispers, the last part almost inaudible.

--

i actually really like this one

vote, comment, share