Chapter 5

Stiles is livid and is not in full control of his faculties when he rips open the conference room door to give Smug Hottie a piece of his mind.

"Just who the hell do you think you are?" Stiles shouts, before the door is even closed. The other man stands quickly, brow furrowed and angry but stance firm and confident. Like he can take the beratement Stiles is starting in on and ready to throw it back.

"I should be asking you that. You have been a dick to me since I got here!" the man yells.

Stiles scoffs, "Are you frickin' kidding me? You stole my parking spot, drank all the coffee, and ruined my shirt and pants! You're the one who's been a dick."

"Oh, like you didn't pull the same shit with me? I know you messed with my chair, and you ruined my suit. Do you know how much this suit costs?"

"Oh boo hoo. If you can afford such an expensive suit, you can afford to get it fixed, you big baby."

"Baby? You're the one whining about your precious parking spot. I didn't see your name on it."

"You are such a jerk! I--"

Stiles cuts himself off when his boss Finstock walks in and says, "Well I'm glad to see you two are acquainted. How about we start the presentation?"

Stiles goes white and steps back, not realizing how close he had gotten to the other man while they had been shouting at one another.

"You're... you're here for the presentation?" Stiles asks softly. The other man nods, looking a little guilty.

"Stiles, this is Derek Hale. He's the head of marketing in our New York branch," Finstock supplies helpfully.

Stiles feels like he's about to pass out or throw up. He can't do either though because the rest of the people he has to present to sidle into the room, and he still hasn't set up anything. He can do this though. He knows this presentation backwards and forwards, so he can just ignore smug hot--Derek sitting next to his boss and pretend he doesn't have gum on his pants or ink on his shirt and that his morning actually went well.