Chapter 21

"Oh my gosh! Ma'am? You alright?" The cashier of Forever21 asks me when I fall in front of her after I purchase my items.

I get up and dust off my pants. I smile, "Yeah, sorry about that." I walk away with Em laughing besides me.

She snickers and says, "What kind of a fall was that?! You definately failed that one." She continues laughing.

I  punch her arm, "I'd like to see you do better!" I smirk, challenging her.

"Oh I will." She stops and turns towards the casher. "Watch this." I stay put and watch as she starts jogging towards the clothes rack nearby the cashier we're picking on. When she's half way there she hollers at me, "Hey Maddie! Look at how cute this top is!" When she gets to rack Em slips and falls into the rack of clothes, nearly knocking it over.

I widen my eyes and cover my mouth to keep myself from bursting out laughing. For a fake fall, I gotta say... That was very impressive. The cashier rushes over to Em and she helps her up. Saying things like, "Are you okay?", "What happened?", "Is their a slip somewhere?", "I'm terriblysorry!".

Em stands up and waves her off. "I'm fine. I'm just really clumsy! Sorry for worrying you." She waves goodbye and starts strolling towards me. "That's how it's done." She tells me as she passes me and strolls out of the store.

I run out the store, trying to catch up with Em. I open the doors and, instead of seeing the other little shops, I'm in an airport.

"M!" Yells a voice. 

I look around but there's too many people to see who the voice belongs to.

"M!" There it goes again. 

What's going on? 

I turn around and I find Matt standing in front of me. 

"Come on!" He says, shaking my shoulders, "We're gonna be late!"

****

I jerk and feel a hand on my arm. My eyes trail up the persons arm that's touching me and I look at the pair of green, vibrant eyes gently looking down at me. "Hey beautiful." He says in his usual handsome morning voice that gives me intense butterflies. 

I smile from ear to ear at what he called me and then I turn my back to him. I groan, "Five more minutes."

"M, your dad told me to wake you up at 6:45." He keeps his hand on my arm and strokes circles with his thumb.

I groan more. I need my sleep or I'll have weird/bipolar behavior. "Five minutes isn't gonna kill anyone."

Matt sighs and resons with me, "Three minutes."

"Four."

"Three."

"Fine. Three minutes." I adjust my pillow and I hear his foot steps walking away. Without thinking it over, I ask, "Matt?"

The footsteps stops. "Yeah, M?" He says quietly.

"Lay beside me." 

I can't believe I asked him that! Where just friends, and only friends. But lately I feel like whenever I say that... It feels like I'm only reminding myself that we're friends.

Without an answer, Matt walks over to my bedside and plops next to me. He lays on his side with his chest against my upper back. He spoons an arm around me and I shiver under his touch.

Okay, I don't regret asking him to lay with me.

Matt starts chuckling against my hair which is probably covering his whole face. I weakly ask him, "What's so funny?"

He chuckles and tightens his hold on me. "You can't resist me, can't you."

Well when you do things like that...

"Pff, yeah I can." I lie to him. I don't want him to think that I like him when he probably doesn't even like me back.

"Okay." He lets go of me and starts getting out of the bed. "I'll just head downstairs."

Maddie.. resist! 

Resist! 

RESIST!!

Missing his warmth from his body, I turn around and grab his wrist. "No, stay." I watch as he lays back down, not leaving his eyes on me. I rest my head on Matts chest and put my hand on his hard stomach.

Matt starts playing with my hair and chuckles again. "I told you you can't resist me."

I sigh.

You're right.

I can't.

****

Matt and I board the plane and take our seats. I take the window seat, Matt's in the middle, and some stranger sits in the aisle seat. Right as the plane lifts off I get myself comfortable and I rest my head on the pillow they gave me. I asked for two because the pillows aren't as fluffy as I want it to be. I pass out for two and a half hours, dreaming about more memories about Josh and Em.

When I wake up, I'm snuggled next to Matt, who's watching a movie. I lift my head up and start stretching. 

Matt looks over at me and takes his right earbud out. "Good morning, beautiful." He grins at me. "Wanna watch this movie with me? I just started it, it's called-"

"Big Daddy with Adam Sandler." I finish for him, "I love this movie so much. I swear I've watched it like 10 times." I put one of the pillows on the floor next to my feet and I position the other one against Matt's arm. Matt hands me one of his earbuds and I put it into my left ear. I  get comfortable as I watch Sunny ruin the surprise party for his roommate. 

Matt looks down at me and leans down towards my left ear. He takes out the earbud and whispers, "I think I'm a little too excited ditching school and going to Floridia with you." He says it so quietly I can barely heard him. He puts the earbud back in for me and leaves me alone with the darkest shade of red on my face.

****

Authors Note: I decided to update this little chapter a little earlier so I hope you enjoyed this. What do you y'all think about what's going on between Matt and Maddie? 

Also to clarify, they left on a friday so they had to miss a day of school.

If you like what you're reading, vote, and comment letting me know!

xoxo deliriousociety