Chapter 3

An eight years old curly haired boy spends all of his time at the train station. In the midst, he watched some people parting and the others reuniting. Everyone came back to someone, but no one ever came for him.

When Harry goes to the train station in on Friday night, he is really upset. His mother brought home a man to meet him. He is eight. He knows where this is going, so he runs out despite his mother shouting at him to come back.

It makes him more upset that there is a boy that is accommodating his corner. He can’t see much of him, but he looks like he is are about the same age as him. When Harry approaches him the boy gives him his back, so Harry just sits next to him drilling holes in his back till the boy turns around.

When the boy turns around with puffed cheeks, Harry finally gets a good glimpse of him. The air is caught in the small boy’s throat. He never saw anything more beautiful in the world.

His hair is short and straight. His soft bangs are dancing with the wind. His features are more defined then Harry’s and his eyes are the same color as Harry’s favorite Power Ranger’s pajamas’.

Harry leans in closer to take in all of the details of the boy’s face. He doesn’t stop till the boy yells at him “Stop it”.

Harry blinks taking that in. “But you are in my seat” he shrugs.

The boy is dumbfounded “It’s a train station” He says “you can’t claim a seat. What is wrong with you?”.

“It’s mine. I wait here everyday” Harry says like it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

The boy leans in curious “What do you wait for?”

“My dad” Harry answers.

“He takes the train to work?” the boy asks because it’s 8:00, and no one comes back from at 8:00 pm.

“No. He told me he was going to the train station one day, but he isn’t back yet” Harry avoid the boy’s eyes.

“Since when have you been waiting?” he asks anxiously.

“ Almost a year” the curly boy lets out.

There is a long silent before the blue-eyed boy speaks “I don’t think he is coming back”  

“I don’t think so either” Harry breathes out

The boys looks at him horrified “But you still come and wait?”

Little Harry takes a breath and tries to explain. “When you spent a long time watching people coming for others here. You just wait for someone to come here for you.”

Harry watches as the other boy’s fall deeply in thoughts. Then he watches him stand up and reach an hand for him. “Louis Tomlinson” He introduces himself.

Harry stares at his hand for the longest time. When he sees Louis’s smile that he’d give up his baseball card to see again, Harry takes it.

So that night someone really did come for him, someone who kicked his football at the the train station’s sign which caused the T to fall.

Little 8 years old Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson take pride in changing the name to Holmes Chapel’s Rain Station, not that they tell anyone. It was their little secret. 

*

In the same seat, Louis finds 12 years old Harry who is having the crisis of his life or so he claims. Harry admits to Louis that he likes someone who he shouldn’t like; he omits that part where it’s Louis. Louis tells him that when you love someone you love someone. That it doesn’t matter if she can understands football or not, excuse him he was 12, if you like her you wouldn’t mind.