1: After A Year Of Silence

Dedicated to: BethylTWDFan43

On the next episode of Real Housewives Of-

America's Next Top Model is...-

Welcome To The Mickey Mouse Club-

Suddenly, I stopped flipping through channels as I saw Doctor Who was on.

"Finally," I said, my mouth full of sandwich.

As I sat back on the couch to enjoy the sounds of Doctor Who (I always wanted to be Clara Oswald. She's so bad-ass), I jumped at the sound of the door unlocking.

Butterflies of fear grew in the pit of my stomach as I realized who it was.

Pretending I didn't hear, I payed attention to the tv and kept on eating. I heard his loud footsteps walk right past me. Not even bothering to say hello. So he wanted to play that game again. A whole year of playing this game and he still never got tired.

I hated him. Everything about him. From top to bottom. Isn't that weird? To hate your own husband? Or shall I say arranged husband.

My dear ignorant mother always wanted what she thought was best for me. So she met up with Richard Christensen, rich old guy, and the two talked about me and their son getting married. Two weeks later, I'm planning my wedding with my money hungry mother who is getting paid for this. Five weeks after that, I'm legally married in an extravagant ceremony to Nicolas "Nick" Christensen.

It's so pathetic really. We didn't even have a honey moon. Nick went straight to work and I had to become his pretty little housemaid of a wife.

For a year now, it had been the same pattern. Wake up, clean, cook, eat, take a shower, clean, make lunch, eat, take a break, cook dinner, eat, clean, sleep, repeat. Meanwhile, all he had to do was work, come home, and watch me.

The only time Nick and I ever kissed was on our wedding day. We had separate bedrooms, for God's sakes.

I heard him walk down the stairs and I looked up to see him taking his tie off.

"You didn't make dinner?" Nick asked.

"Hello to you too," I answered.

Nick gave me his I'm not joking look so I huff before saying, "No. I didn't. I'm tired. And hungry. Which is why I'm trying to enjoy the wonderful advancements of the television."

"I don't care. I'm hungry," Nick replied.

"Make something yourself. I'm not your maid. You have to do something too," I said.

"I work all day," Nick argued.

"Sitting down in a chair and bossing people around is a lot of work," I spat, my voice filled with sarcasm.

Nick went silent and I looked down at my hands. Biting my lip, I peeked out of the corner of my eye to see him walk away into the kitchen. Once he was inside, I got up and followed him to see that he was setting up the stove and pulling out noodles.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm making dinner," Nick answered, matter of factly.

"You knew how to cook? And never bothered to mention that?" I asked, getting annoyed.

Nick nodded.

I rolled my eyes before saying, "I hate you."

"Sorry to hear that, dear wife," Nick replied.

"It doesn't feel like we're married. Its like we are both awkward roommates. This is the most we've talked. Ever," I said with a shrug.

"Oh," Nick said.

"That's it? Oh? No ok, honey, we can fix it?" I asked.

"Ok, honey, we can fix it," Nick said in monotone voice.

I was on the verge of hitting him with a frying pan.

But before I could, my phone rang and I went to answer it.

"Marin speaking," I answered.

"Bitch, you're going out!" none other than Jade Campbell (my bestest friend since middle school) shouted.

"Going where?" I asked.

"The club tomorrow night. It'll be fun. I haven't seen you out the house except for grocery shopping. That's sad, Marin," Jade answered.

"I know, I know," I replied, "I'll definitely go. And get completely wasted. You're driving."

"Yeah. Whatever," Jade agreed with a laugh.

After hanging up a couple minutes later, I walked back into the kitchen and saw Nick looking at me.

"Who was that?" Nick asked.

"It was just Jade, Mr. Controlling All The Time. I'm going out to the club tomorrow. I guess you'll have to do all this without me," I answered.

"You're going out?" Nick asked in disbelief.

"I have a life besides being Mrs. Christensen," I answered.

"I know. It's just that I'm used to you here. I'm not stopping you from going," Nick replied.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion.

"If I didn't know any better, I would've thought you wanted me to stay here and be with you," I said, walking closer to him.

"No way. What would give you that idea?" Nick asked.

"The fact that you sounded kind of sad," I answered.

"I don't control you, Marin. You can go on ahead and go wherever you want," Nick said.

"Perfect," I said with a grin.

As I was walking towards the refrigerator, Nick was walking in my direction and we bumped into each other. I looked up and saw that we were dangerously close. Clearing my throat, I backed away and squeezed past him.

"I can't forget this water. Its so good," I said awkwardly, pulling a cold one out of the fridge.

"Peace out," I added as I left the kitchen and went up the stairs to my bedroom.

As I shut the bedroom door behind me, I had no idea of the events about to commence as I fell asleep.