[16] The ferris wheel

Helloooo.

A long and special chapter today so if you love Isiah, you'll definitely enjoy the chapter!

Good luck!

-Rayeshaa.

[ISIAH AT THE TOP^^^]

--

Nervous.

Yep. I was crazy nervous. I had made sure my foundation and blush were well blended at least a million times, mouth washed twice and bombarded my pits with antiperspirant because the stress I was under was indescribable. Out of fear, I had checked my phone an uncountable amount of times, hoping that Isiah hadn't cancelled on me.

"Is it a guy that has you this worked up? Don't tell me it's Jacob!" Giselle questioned as she made her way into my room, completely dismissing the idea of knocking before entering. She was wrapped up in one of my old dressing gowns, her hair still damp from a shower. Giselle's face glowed with excitement for me.

"No, it's not Jacob."

"Then who?" she squealed.

"You don't know him," I replied quickly. There wasn't anything major happening between Isiah and I. "He's... nobody, really."

"So, let me get this straight, my 25 year old sister Sahara Michelle Martinez is seeing a guy. And he's not even the guy you were with last night? You're a rebel."

"Giselle, you are too much. I'm not seeing Jacob, or anyone, as a matter of-"

I was cut off abruptly by my phone's vibration. After it buzzed, Giselle gave me the 'I-told-you-so' look which only made me glare at her. Picking it up, I saw a notification- large and clear on the screen:

Hey S,

I'm outside now. Come show me that pretty face of yours. ;)

Isiah.

"Well, I've got to go now. I don't know what time I'll be home so um, make yourself something to eat and don't save any for me." I grabbed my scarf and bag and continued to blabber an array of demands as I walked towards the door. I knew Giselle wasn't listening to most of them.

"I wasn't planning on saving you anything anyway!" She called out, probably in the kitchen stealing my cookies already.

This sister of mine really was something special.

The moment I exited the building, a small yet nervous smile crept across my face. Yes, it was an early December day, but beneath the occasional chilly breeze and frost, there was a bizarre warmth that seemed to relieve me of my previous stresses - it was only heightened when Isiah stepped out of his car and appeared looking as handsome as ever directly in front of me.

We both seemed to understand that if it was forecasted to be cold, we needed to wrap up warm, but perhaps Isiah wanted to be more than sure he wouldn't get cold. Instead of wearing his hair out, he covered it up with a grey knitted beanie and a matching scarf hung loosely around his neck. He wore a thick, dark jumper. Layered over the top was his oversized, warm looking winter jacket.

"When I said show me that beautiful face of yours, you really took it seriously. You look amazing Sahara," he smiled, immediately pulling me into one of his bear hugs that I seemed to be addicted to.

"Um, thanks? I was actually opting for the more casual look." I shrugged, trying my hardest to seem normal by the fact our faces were inches apart. Isiah's grassy green eyes were mesmerizing, I paused for a moment.

"You really are pretty, Sahara." He blinked "And... De rien."

"Is that French?" I questioned, confused as to why he would decide to speak French all of a sudden, even though he sounded incredibly attractive speaking it.