1

Kay's POV:
I'm Kay, I don't know who my real family are because I'm in a children's home, all I know is that this world is a filthy god damn horror show (AHS reference) and the only people keeping me going right now are my favourite band Twenty Øne Pilots.
"TIME TO GET UP!" I heard the owner of this children's dump Laura wake us all up, I groaned and had to get out of bed other wise I know what would happen next.
I got up and slouched into the bathroom and got dressed and fixed my hair and put on a bit of makeup and other things.
I was a bit more awake now and I walked downstairs to get some breakfast, I was normally the first person up and ready because I was afraid of the punishments that are given to people is they were not obeying the rules as they were given. I got a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk and sat at the table and began to eat it as the room started to fill with the other people that lived with me, one by one people sat down around me.
"Oh look at that! Goody goody Kay is the first one up again!" Jack, one of the meanest kids here said as he attempted to push my head into my cereal bowl but failed.
"BEHAVE!" Laura screeched as she caught Jack in the act of hitting me.
"Today you will all write letters to your parents, and remember no snitching about how badly you want to get out of here or you will get a month of toilet cleaning!" Laura said pointing her bony finger at us all.
We all traipsed through to the office to get a pen and some paper to write our letters on and sat back at the table we had just eaten breakfast at.
I started writing my letter and when it was finished it read;
*To my family,
I am doing well physically but unsure about it mentally, I wish I could be with you everyday because I'm sure your a great family and hopefully one day we will meet once again, my favourite band are coming to our city and I have been lucky enough to win tickets for a concert and meet and greet with them, I will have to find my own way there secretly and it is going to be great, I am very excited about it but also very nervous in how I am going to escape this place without anyone knowing, I will stay safe I promise. I love you even though I do not know you well and have not seen you for years,
Love Kay x*
I put it in an envelope and sealed it and handed it to Laura who snatched it and put it in the pile with the rest of the letters and she took them away. We all got up and went to go do our own things, I went up to my room and took my old cracked iPod and earbuds from under my bed and decided to get on with some home work whilst listening to my favourite band, Twenty Øne Pilots.
My iPod is very old and I bought it if a kid from my old school and I've kept it a secret since we are not supposed to have technology in this place.
The day went by very slowly and it rained all day so I couldn't go outside. When it was finally time for bed I knew things were about to get bad so I decided to go to sleep, I have been a week clean and I have told myself I have to try and stop.

~One Week Later~
I woke up and it was the day of the concert and meet and greet I woke up and did my normal morning routine and I quickly finished my chores to go upstairs and get ready for the concert which was in 5 hours time, I got my Twenty Øne Pilots shirt out of my wardrobe and put it on, it was my favourite shirt and I had saved up for months to buy it, it was $14 and I got $2 pocket money a month, I put my flannel on to hide my scars, they were pretty much healed now and I was 2 weeks clean.
I got my bag and packed my iPod, earbuds, Water, an apple and money for food and the bus, I also packed my Twenty One Pilots poster that I had got from one of the older kids magazines, it was a little bit ripped and crumpled but I folded it gently and put it in my bag, I got the tickets and meet and greet pass from under my wardrobe which is where I kept them and I went into the bathroom to touch up my makeup and fix my hair and I decided I was ready to go, I picked up my bag and went downstairs, I checked the coast was clear and quietly opened the front door and closed it quietly behind me and started running as fast as I could to the closest bus stop, I waited anxiously for five minuets hoping Laura wouldn't come screaming round the corner and dragging me back into the depths of hell until the bus came, I got on the bus and listened to music, I had butterfly's in my stomach because I was so nervous and excited for today.
I was on the bus an hour and I half and I decided to get off and walk the rest of the five miles to the venue they were playing at, that took me another hour until I got the the venue, there was now 2 and a half hours till the concert and I decided to go buy something to eat, I got a cheese sandwich and I ate that trying to pass time and then I went to hand in my tickets, I entered the venue and it was a pretty small venue for about 10,000 people and I decided to get as close as possible to the front of the mosh pit and the venue started filling up and I needed to sit down, I started to feel sick and swear and shake, I was having a panic attack, I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't, I kid next to me about my age asked if I was okay, I couldn't react and she got the medics that were passing by, they pushed through the crowd and sat me down, people were staring and I was very uncomfortable I breathed and had some water and after a few minuets I was fine again,
"I'm fine now," I managed to stutter out,
The medics nodded and stood up and left and I turned around to the person that had tried to help me,
"Thanks" I said to her,
"It's okay," she smiled back and the lights turned on and the concert was bout to start...