Post-Court Drama.

The reaction in the courtroom after the jury's verdict was delivered was something Allie would remember for the rest of her life. The range of emotions was purely staggering. With a sneaky look shared between them, though, the jury just about held their cool. Allie did feel, however, slightly guilty.

The surprise of the day, however, was after the proceedings were over. Allie was waiting for a cart to take her home when a tap on the shoulder made her turn around. It was one of the barristers, the taller one with the sallow face.

"I believe you're to thank for the pay cheque I'll be receiving in the next few weeks" he enquired, with a slight twinkle in his eye.

"Well" Allie replied bashfully. "I wouldn't say that."

The sallow man smiled a little, showing perfect, square teeth. Allie smiled back.

"Tarquin Smart" he introduced himself. Allie's smile faltered a little, but at the same time she noticed a free cart parked a few feet away.

"I'm so sorry" she blustered. "I'd love to talk more, Mr. Smart, but I really have to catch this cart. It's a long way home..."

Smiling, and apologising, she made her escape.

Where is this going? The end is nearing. Everything is slowly falling into place. Allie's next adventure is titled A Murder Shall Commence (and I have started it already) And a murder shall commence....unless Allie has the brains and the bravery to stop it.