Chapter 18

After going through Selena's intense beauty regimen I was finally ready for hair and makeup. Selena's makeup artist Clair was gonna be doing it for us. My hair was put into a classy bun that looked like you could pull it out of a Disney princess movie. And my makeup was more of a natural look. When we were done I looked really pretty actually. Clair was good! Selena's hair was down and curled and she looked like a fashion model. If only I could really enjoy this night.

"Justin's gonna get here in about ten minutes." I told Selena.

"Awesome when's Anna coming? Is she gonna meet us at the party?" She asked.

"She's gonna meet us at the party." I replied feeling nauseated. I walked upstairs and opened my drawer. My hands shook as I removed the vial from the red box and placed it into my purse.

"Justin's here!" Selena yelled. I quickly shut my purse and came downstairs.

"Wow, you look absolutely beautiful." He said.

"Thank you, you look good too!" I choked out. I could do this, I just needed to calm down. We got into Justin's car and Selena took her own car. We arrived at the party and if it weren't for the fact that I was going to do something horrible. I really could have enjoyed it. Selena went all out with everything. It was an amazing party.

"Kate?" I heard Anna say. I turned around to see Anna. She looked amazing. She had a sparkly blue dress on and her blonde hair was curled.

"Anna!!!" I squealed giving her a hug.

"I'm so happy to see you! Sorry about being late. My mom wanted me to bring Edwardo!" Anna explained sounding irritated as she said the last part.

"Either way your here!" I exclaimed. I winced as I felt Justin's arm wrap around my waist. Anna's eyes got really wide and for a second I thought she had noticed.

"Oh my god. It's Justin Bieber!" Anna screamed. Some people stopped dancing to look at Anna.

"Hey! You must be Anna."Justin said.

"You know my name!" She gasped. I couldn't help but laugh. 

"You do not know how much I love you! You are my idol! Your music is do amazing! I love you so much!" Anna squealed.

"Thank you! Do you want an autograph?" He asked. Anna nodded. And he autographed her hand.

"I'll get you one that doesn't wash off later." He said giving her hug. She nodded and looked like she was about to faint. We started dancing and I tried to force myself to forget about the vial. I looked around and saw Anna dancing with Niall Horan. Cute! Selena was chatting with Taylor and everybody looked happy. Why couldn't it just have stayed that way?

"Kate can we talk somewhere in private? I have something for you." Justin said. Now was the time to do it. Before he gave me whatever it was. Before I changed my mind.  

Sure, I just need to use the bathroom." I said. I wandered off and found the bathroom. I quickly entered a stall. My hands shook as I opened my purse and lifted out the vial. I could hear my heart beating and my head pounded. I slowly unscrewed the cap and then tiled it over so a drop fell on my finger. I took a deep breath and then rubbed it all over my top lip. I tiled the bottle over again and another drop fell on my finger and I rubbed it over my bottom lip. I threw the vial into the toilet and flushed it. I would not be doing this twice. I walked out of the bathroom and Justin was waiting for me. I couldn't look him in the face as he led me into the garden. We sat on a bench. He pulled out a small box and handed it to me. I shakily opened it hoping it was something i wouldn't love. I recieved no such luck. It was a beautiful gold diamond ring. I felt an agonizing feeling of guilt wash over me as he spoke.

"It's a promise ring." He said. I looked up to see him smiling at me. I smiled back because I meant it. It was the most beautiful gift I had ever gotten. 

"I want you to know that I love you with all my heart. And no matter what I will always be there for you. I will let nothing get between us. I know I said things earlier, but now I'm saying that I will put you first before anything else. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are my other half. This-" he spoke lifting my hand up to touch his chest so I could feel his heart beat. "Beats for you. I will do anything for you. I will jump of cliff, not be able to sing, and die for you. I will always protect you and let nothing hurt you. Because I love you Kate. And if you ever doubt that, just look at this ring and you'll know that I love you." He said and then started to sing. "If I could take away the pain and put a smile on your face baby I would baby I would If I could make a better way so you could see a better day baby I would baby I would...." His words filled the room and in an instant i fell back in love with him. He really loved me. And I loved him back with all my heart too. I questioned that. I thought I didn't love him. I let that blackmailer get to me. I let him confuse me into thinking I didn't love him. And now I would let nothing get in between us. I lifted up my hand to wipe off my lips. But Justin took hold of it and slipped the ring on my right ring finger and then kissed me. It felt amazing, there was that spark that filled me with joy and made made me feel like I was flying above the clouds. It was the first time in ages that i had felt something when he kissed me, but it might be my last time. I frantically pulled away realizing what i had just done. I started wiping his lips of with my hands and Justin looked at me sadly as he saw the tears falling down my face. I had just poisoned my one true love. He grabbed my hands and held them away from his face. He was about to say something when he started coughing and gasping for air. I started screaming for help and immediately people surrounded me. I gathered him up in my arms and shook him as though that would fix him.

I felt someone pull me away as the paramedics took over. It was Selena. She enveloped me in a hug as I fell apart in her arms.

"It's all my fault!" I sobbed.

"Shhh... It's not your fault. Lets go to the hospital." Selena said calmly. She pulled me up onto my feet and led me out of the party to her car. I could hear her body guards yelling at the paparazzi to get back. We got in the car and drove to the hospital. The whole time I was praying that Justin would be alright. But I had a sinking feeling in my heart. That stuff was meant to kill him. Not hurt him, kill him.