Chapter 1

A/U:  Thanks to anyone who's reading this!

Comment/heart/vote if you like it and tell me what you think.  This is my first story so if it sucks please tell!             

                I’ve always been different.  I used to think it was just because I was weird.  Maybe that’s why I never had many friends.  I mean, I had a few.  But never ones that you could truly depend on.  And trust.  Never any of those.  I used to blame my lack of social skills on my parents, who would constantly make me concentrate for a long time, after every school day and every afternoon, never being allowed to move of make a sound.  Just deep breathes.  Deep breaths.  They told me it was helping me control it.  Or, at least, it would.  But I never knew what ‘it’ was.  I used to ask them, when I was younger.  I used to wonder about a lot of things.  I still do actually, but I’ve learned that you can figure a lot more stuff out if you don’t bug someone about it every time you got curious.  So, I’ve stopped asking.  I’ve stopped trying to protest, because it actually feels quite nice.  Meditating.  That’s what mom tells me I’m doing.  And she says I’ve gotten quite better at it; so much so that my parents trust me enough to go out some evenings, when it’s time for me to practice my meditation. And no, I don’t stop when they leave.  I find it quite relaxing and it’s a great way for me to clear my head.  So now, I’ve realized why I’ve always been a little bit different than everyone else.  It’s because I can do things.  I can create gusts of wind, hurricanes, practically anything you can think of involving air.  It’s kind of like that tv show, Avatar?  Actually, it’s a lot like that.  I find that it’s pretty easy to manipulate the air.  I guess you could call it bending.  Anyway, since I found out what I could do when I was twelve, life’s been a lot better.  I now have a best friend, Claire.  She’s really awesome.  And I’ve found that she’s a lot like me.  Except where I can bend air, she can bend fire.  Yeah, fire!  That’s pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. She’s got a bit of a temper – I guess it comes with the whole fire thing – and she’s always very hyper.  Well, so am I, so yeah.  Claire and I graduated high school last month and we just bought an apartment in London baby!  It has always been my dream to live in England when I grew up, and thankfully Claire was all for it too.  Thank god for that, cause I couldn’t go anywhere without that girl now.  Not after we both know about what the other can do.  We’re so similar and we have so much fun together, so why not live together?  That way when we scheme together, we don’t have to meet up at one of our houses, plus it’s half the cost.

                “Alex!”  Mmm….  “Alex.  Alex!  ALEX!”

                “Oh my god!  What?!”  I shot out of bed so fast that I ended up laying face-first on my purple carpeted floor.  “Ugh.”  Now my face hurts.  Great.

                “C’mon get up!  We gotta go if we want to make it to the mall in time or else we’ll end up being late for the concert.  I’ve had this day planned for weeks now.  It’s gotta go perfectly, and that consists of you getting up now.”  I just groaned in reply, too tired to do anything.  I wonder what time it was.  Cause if this girl woke me up before nine o’clock, shit was going to go down.  I lifted my head – with a lot of effort if I do say so myself – off the floor and squinted up at my alarm clock, attempting to block my sensitive blue eyes from the harsh morning light, only to find out that it was seven o’clock in the morning.  I shot up into the air – literally – and landed softly back on the floor.

                “What?!  Why would you wake me up this early?  It’s Friday!  This is my day off!  I have no work today, no meditating, it’s the only day I could possibly sleep in past ten, and you decide to wake me up at seven?  SEVEN?”  I wasn’t extremely mad at her, it was more the lack of sleep talking than anything.  I could never really be mad at Claire, she’s like a sister to me.

                “Oh calm down.  You’ll be thanking me for this later anyway.”  She rolled her eyes and left my room, walking down the hallway and into our kitchen.

                I quickly stumbled after her, slowly regaining my balance and motor skills, and slid down the railing after her.  “Why will I be thanking you later?”

                She smirked while preparing a bagel for herself and running coffee for us both.  “Oh, you know, when you meet One Direction…”  I choked on my spit, coughing into the air.

                “WHAT?”  I screamed in her face, shocked and excited.  She nodded her head, smiling as she took a sip of her coffee.

                “I won tickets from that radio contest we entered last week, so we get to see them in concert and we have backstage passes to meet them after!”  We jumped around the kitchen squealing like little girls.  We loved them so much.  Well, Claire loves them a LOT more than me.  I’m more into bands like One Republic, but I was still in awe that we get to meet One Direction!  “Okay, so let’s go out and get the perfect outfits for tonight, then we’ll get to the venue by 6:30, because it starts at 7:00.”  I nodded my head and ran upstairs to get ready.

                Another thing you should probably know about me, is that I don’t like to wear many skirts or dresses.  But if I do, I’ll usually wear spandex or leggings underneath because you never know, I might have to make a quick exit out of somewhere, and if I’m flying, it’d be a bit awkward to have someone looking up my dress.  I put on my black skinny jeans and a red floral top with my jacket, and then met Claire at the front of the apartment building.

                “Let’s go girl.”