Chapter 24

Alpha Liam's Pov

I went to Gabriel's house first. Breaking the news to his mate and wife was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I don't think I would ever be able to get her screams out of my head. She knew he was gone before we got there. She was just in denial. I've been told that when your mate dies it feels like a part of your soul, the best part of it, dies with them. I prayed every night that it was something I would never have to feel. I was an alpha but I knew I wasn't strong enough to endure that type of pain. The pack doctor came in and sedated her. I could tell he hated his job as much as I did at the moment. Once she was taken care of I made the long journey over to Raphael's house. I took a deep breathe and knocked on the door. This was absolute torture. She had their son on her hip and her eyes looked dead, uncaring. The house felt cold and tense. I calmly explained to her what happened to her mate. They had been a newly mated couple with a child and knowing the little boy would have to grow up without his father, I just wanted to shift and go on a rampage. She didn't say a word, she just stared at the wall and I was nervous. I couldn't tell what she was thinking or if she was okay. You never knew what to expect when something like this happened.

" I have one request" she said with her voice barely above a whisper.

"What is it?" I almost didn't want to ask but I owed it to Raphael to at least hear her out, even if I didn't agree.

"Dress him in blue. It was his favorite color. I know white is tradition but he hated white. We were planning our wedding and he convinced me not to wear a white dress. He said it was plain and I was anything but plain" she laughed and I smiled. She seemed to be coping better than I thought if she could find the strength to laugh.

"Of course"

"Thank you. I know how important traditions are to you but he was so full of life and-" she didn't finish her sentence before she began to cry.

"It's okay" I said putting an arm over her shoulder to comfort her. The baby began to cry as well and she struggled to comfort him in her state but she managed. I needed my mate for this. She had the natural ability to calm and comfort people in a way I couldn't understand. I couldn't risk her safety though with everything going on.

"Please find the person who did this" she said looking at me with watery eyes.

"I promise you I will and they will pay" My voice was full determination. I would not let her or my pack down. I would get justice for my warriors and protect my luna and children. No matter the cost.

I walked out of the door and promised her that she could visit her luna soon. That seemed to brighten her mood if only slightly. I mindlinked Dreydon and got his location. He along with Jason and the tracker's were at the scene and I rushed over to see if they found anything useful.

"You better have some good news for me"

"We haven't found much. There was a faint scent but it was masked and the smell of blood made it untraceable"

"More blood?" I would be lying if I said that didn't worry me.

"Yes it's fresh but it smells like an animals. Someone just wanted to leave a message" I walked over to where the others were standing and looked at the ground. Written in blood was certainly a message, a message for me.

'Two members down. A pack to go. Beware alpha'

Ashley's Pov

When Dreydon left I needed to go for a walk, I needed to clear my head and get my thoughts together. I still couldn't get him out of my head. His voice, his smirk, his cocky attitude, the way he was determined to risk everything just to make me happy. I would never let him do anything so dangerous and careless for my sake but it did make me feel better just knowing that he would. I was growing more attached to him with each passing day and I felt extremely stupid every time I thought of how I almost gave him up. He was perfect for me, in every way and I probably didn't deserve him but I wasn't going to let him go. I was about to walk outside when I heard crying. I turned around and noticed it was Jessica. I rushed over to her concerned.