My Savior (Hunter x reader)

I awoke to the sound of my friends screaming. "What the..,"Pushing myself off the bed, I ran to the window and ripped open thecurtains. My hand flew up to cover my parting lips, blocking the scream that was surely forming. A bloodied, mangled arm was smashed against my window, the familiar wrist band that Coach wore being the only thing recognizable.

I gulped, stumbling backwards. Loud banging noises sounded outside of my door, and my head snapped in that direction with wide {E/C} eyes. I grabbed the gun off my bedside table and moved towards the door, prepared for a fatal battle, but turned to glance out the window once more. Outside, down on the ground, only a mere few flights away, the Infected were lounging about, looking for another meal. They weren't this bad when I had fallen asleep to let the gun wound heal, so what could have caused them to multiply so quickly?

I gathered up the little courage I had and popped the cap off the Adrenaline, jamming the needle into my arm, pushing out the liquid.Gun loaded, I grasped the cold doorknob in my shaky, sweating palm, and yanked it open. Almost instantly, three Zombies barged through the door, their teeth bared. I fought through the smell, pulling the trigger, shooting through the first one's head and pushing another back. It stumbled to it's feet, throwing itself at me, and I shot it without hesitation, not wanting to get bitten. Once the three were killed, I looked back at my room, taking the first aid kit and a bomb, before heading out into the hallway. It was dark, and the smell of rotting flesh filled my nostrils with every step I took. The walls were covered in blood of the fallen and Infected, smeared in streaks caused by hands desperately clawing, their owners screaming for help.I ignored the horrid imaged that flashed through my mind with the thought and moved forward, stepping over crimson remains.

After a few more minuets of walking, the exit came into view. I hoisted the gun onto my shoulder, raising my leg and kicking open the door. It crashed to the floor and a Witch screeched, running at me. I scrambled out of the way, slamming the door when she went inside.That was close. Looking around and seeing no Infected or Special Infected, I began walking towards the nearest building, finding mine no longer inhabitable.

It was a small convenience store, but there were pills in the back. I looked around with my flashlight, making sure there were no fatal threats as I made my way for them. However, when I was about to reach out and take them, I was pinned by a Hunter. His navy blue hood covered the top half of his face, and his claws tore at my clothes, trying to get at my skin. My health was low; I could feel it. I had dropped my gun and it had slid a few feet away, so there was no timeto get it. I brought my arms up to protect my chest, pushing him back a bit. He growled, not wanting to move, and brought his face close to mine. So close that I could feel his rancid breath radiating against my own. The Hunter then did something I never would have thought possible.

He spoke.

"You're f-fucking dead!" The Hunter's voice was deep, raspy, and masculine. Some words were stumbled over; probably an effect of being Infected and loosing most of the human traits.

I shook myself out of shock and grabbed his wrists, my fingers curling around the tattered duck tape. He let out something thatsounded like a battle cry and swung his arms, trying to get me to let go. Seeing as how no one was going to help me—I didn't even know if they were alive—I brought my knee up to nail him between the legs.When I did so, my hood flew off, revealing my face. The Hunter seemed to stop for a second, then went back to his previous attack. His claws pierced the soft, vulnerable skin of my chest, and everythingwent black.

"Don't touch h-her, fat ass." A familiar voice snapped.

I heard a low grunt and heavy footsteps gradually fading away. Myeyes fluttered open, only to be met with a blackish red tongue reaching for my neck. I shot up, grabbing the slimy muscle, and pulled it's owner towards me, reaching down to take out my gun, only to find it not there. Confused, I flipped over, feeling the mattress for anything that could possible by useful.