.More continuation.

It had been years since the apocalypse had started. There weren't many of us left now, and we all worked in the pentagon. It was deemed the safest place to stay for now. Nick, Francis, a couple others, and myself were the ones left. Sometimes it got a little lonely. There were a couple scientists, too, but you couldn't see them. They were all working on a antidote 24/7. Nick, Francis, Jordan, and I were about to be set out on a mission. We didn't know to where, yet, only that some of us had been there before. But the only place I had been is that small town where I met a unusual Hunter.

"Alright guys," I said, strapping my automatic to my back with a plethora of ammo. I had a barbed wire bat fastened to the leg of my jeans. Time to go. "Everyone in the chopper. Now!" They all followed suite and we were off. I was hung out the side of the helicopter, scoping out the city below. My breath hitched in my throat when I realized where we were; that same old town. Where I met the Hunter.

"Hey, {y/n}, what's wrong? You look like you're about ready to fall out of the damned helicopter." Francis clapped his hand on my shoulder, holding me steady. He was like an older brother to me now, we were way closer than any of the others on the team, of back at the base. I still had told no one about me and the hunter, and I didn't plan on it. They would probably shoot me dead on the spot. Or find him and shoot him instead.

It was a terrible thing to do, but I planned on finding the Hunter. I would have to sneak away from the team and give an excuse, maybe say I was looking on my own. I needed to see him again, if he was even there. What if he didn't remember me? Or he had lost all sense of humanity? I shook the thoughts off. I couldn't think like that. The helicopter neared the ground and leaves spun below us. We never fully landed, it was too dangerous. Instead, we got close to the ground and we jumped out. I was the first to jump, Francis following with the rest. I watched the helicopter fly away and slung my gun off my shoulder, into my hands. The rest of the group was talking, telling eachother where to go.

"Guys," I inturrupted. "I'm gonna head off on my own. We all meet back here at 7. Stay toget--"

Francis looked at me like I was a zombie myself. "Are you out of your fucking mind? No way. You're staying with us. You could get caught."

"I know this town better than any of you. I grew up here, and watched my own group get killed here. I'm going out, on my own. I know where things are. If you need me, radio me." I shot back, eyes hard. I had to do this, and no one was going to stop me.

Francis opened his mouth to speak but thought better and closed it. He hugged me tightly, earning a surprised face out of all of us. "You better come back safe or ill kick your ass."

I laughed and patted his back. Jordan shot a zombie that had wandered up and near the helicopter pick up. "We gotta get going. They know were here." She instructed, leading everyone off of the ramp and through alleys. I watched for a minuet before jumping up and hoisting myself up on top of a close building. If I was going to find the hunter I had to find where I was last.

The walk was trecherous. No, I hadn't seen a single zombie. Not one. I was terrified. Did that mean the Hunter was gone? We're they all gone? I kept walking, my gun on my back seeing as how I thought I wasn't going to need it for a while. That is, until something hit my back. It burned and dripped down the back of me. When I turned around more sprayed in my face and clouded my vision with green. I squeezed my eyes against the pain and wiped frantically at my face, stumbling backwards trying to get away from the Boomer who was now waddling closer.

And then I heard it. That loud, ear piercing screech that always came with the hoard. I was fucked. If I didn't get out of there, they were going to rip me to shreds. With one last wipe to my face I readied my gun and started shooting. The mangled corpses of former people fell around me, gagging and sputtering with lost life. Grotesque hands grabbed at me with all they could, and I swung at them hastily, tears welling in my eyes. They still stung from the boomers puke.

And that's when it happened. I was shoved to the ground, toppled by the hoard. Their nails scraped into my skin, my sides, ripping apart my clothing before I even had the chance to elbow them off of me. Things were going downhill faster than I could keep up with. Why had I been so stupid as to think I could make it out here on my own? Without the help of my team? I shook my head, angling it away from a zombie who had tried to take a bite, while my fingers walked down my side, inching closer to the bat I had strapped to my leg. At last second I grabbed it and began to swing with everything I had. It knocked a few off me, just enough to steady myself. They were still coming at me with all they had, but there were much less of them now. Maybe 20 at max.

Before I had the chance to shoot the boomer that had caused this mess in the first place, I was tackled and thrown over the shoulder of a familiar hooded man. The familiar scent of dried blood and flesh filled my nostrils and I internally gagged, my hand coming up to cover my mouth. So I'd get to see him again after all. Just as soon as we got out of this mess.

"Where are you taking me? Back to the place you dragged me last time you snatched me up?" I shouted over the screams below us. He bounded from building top to building top with me over his shoulder. But he didn't answer me, just grunted in response, hopping down into the allyway behind an abandoned K-mart and gas station. There was a dark stairway with a deadbolt door at the bottom.

"Why the f.. uck are you back here?"