The Survivors

"Corki's right." Jodi said. "What do we do until we find a safe place?" Caleb asked. "We have to survive for as long as we can." I said. "I don't want to die." Sun-Hi said. "Who are you?" A small voice said. "I'm Sun-Hi." Sun-Hi said. "I'm Jodi." Jodi said. "I'm Corki." I said. "I'm Dylan." Dylan said. "I'm Caleb." Caleb said. "I'm Jared." Jared said. "I'm Karmen." The girl said walking towards us. "Do you live here?" I asked her. "Yes. Why are you here?" She said. "Where are your parents?" Jodi asked Karmen. "I don't know. They went somewhere." Karmen said. "How long ago?" I asked her. "Three days ago." She said. "Hold on." I said and turned around to face my group. "We have to tell her what happened." Jodi said. "We don't even know if her parents died or not. They might still be alive." I said. "What if they're not." Caleb said. "You should tell her." Jodi said. "Ok. I'll tell her. Caleb, Dylan, and Jared. Go watch for zombies. Jodi and Sun-Hi will come with me." I said. Caleb, Dylan, and Jared went to the door and Jodi and Sun-Hi came with me to Karmen. "Karmen." I said. "What?" She asked. "Do you know what's going on outside?" I asked her. "No. Why?" She asked me. "We're about to tell you what might've happened to your parents but we don't know if we're right or not." Sun-Hi said. "Your parents might be zombies now." Jodi said. "Everywhere is going to be destroyed soon. Even this house so we have to leave. Do you want to come with us?" I asked Karmen. "Yes." She said crying. "If you have anything you want to take with us, hurry up and get it so we can leave." I told her. "Ok." She said running upstairs. "I hope she's ok." Jodi said. "Yeah. Me too." I said. Karmen came back downstairs with a picture of her with her family. "Is that all?" Jodi asked Karmen. "No." She said picking up a purse. She put the picture, a phone, a teddy bear, a snow globe, and a tablet in the purse. "I'm done now." "Ok. Let's go." I said. Jared opened the door and we ran outside. Jared came out the door and closed it. We ran all over town. We couldn't find a safe place so we left town and ran across 5 more towns. In the sixth town, we found a prison. It was secured and there wasn't any zombies inside the gates. I looked at a tower and saw a man looking at us. He turned around and left. "I saw a man up there." I said pointing at the tower. "Is he going to let us in?" Jodi asked. "I don't know." I said. I looked around and saw a little running towards the gate. "Hi." Dylan said as the little boy let us in. "Hey. I'm Carl." The little boy said. "I'm Corki." I said and told him everyone else's name in our group. "Come on. I'll show you your cell." He said walking away. We followed him into the prison. "Don't worry. You'll be safe here." He said looking at Karmen. "Thanks for letting us in." I said. We stopped at a cell with a lady in it. She had short gray hair. "Carol. This is Caleb, Corki, Dylan, Jared, Jodi, Karmen, and Sun-Hi." Carl said. "Hi. I'm Carol." The lady said. The man came to us. "Hey Dad." Carl said to the man. "Who are they?" The man said pointing at us. "I saw them outside the gates. They needed help." Carl said. "We're good people. I promise." Caleb said. "Ok. You can be in our group but you have to follow the rules." The man said. "What's your name?" Jared asked him. "Rick." The man said walking away. "He doesn't trust strangers." Carl said. "I can tell." Karmen said. "Bye Carol." Carl said leading us to another cell. It had a lady with black hair. "This will be your cell Karmen." Carl said. "Ok." Karmen said and went in her cell. We walked to another cell. It was empty. "This cell is Sun-Hi's and Jodi's." Carl said. "Ok." Jodi said. Sun-Hi and Jodi went in their cell. We went to another empty cell. "Can I have my own cell? I asked Carl. "Sure. This can be your cell." He said. "Thank you." I said. "Do you want to know where your other friends will be?" He asked me. "Yes." I said. "Ok." He said leading us to another empty cell. "This is Caleb's and Dylan's cell." Carl said. Caleb and Dylan went in their cell and we walked to another empty cell. "This us your cell, Jared." Carl said. "Thanks." Jared said and went in his own cell. I went to my cell and laid down. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.