I Need Your Blood

This is all from Mika's POV :3 Enjoy!

With Yuu in my arms, it happened at last- we were running away from Earth's chaotic war and forgetting the past. Having him held against my chest as I was lifting him made me feel strong but I was still afraid for what the future was going to hold. I ran as fast as I could, fleeing from my past and heading towards our future together. I tried hard to remain steady but weakness suddenly overcame me and so I ran behind an old school which was abandoned after the virus broke out. I set Yuu on the floor and sat beside him, trying to catch my breath.

"Mika?" He gave me a concerned look. "Is everything alright?" I nodded gently and gave him a reassuring smile as I worked out what was making me so weak and tired- it was hunger. I lifted up my cape to grab a vial of Krul's blood but something was wrong, very wrong. It was too late, there was nothing I could do, I'd run too far to turn back. "Mika? What's wrong?" He looked at me again with those alert, concerned eyes and grabbed my arm. "Mika please, you're scaring me..." My blood ran cold, I was so afraid. "Yuu-chan..." A tear silently rolled down my cheek. "I'm out of blood."

I immediately knew what he was going to do and I dreaded it. He turned to me, his face close to mine and he said the words I expected him to say. "Mika, drink my blood." The one thing I was most petrified of was using the only one I truly love as livestock. And there I sat with Yuu demanding me to do just that. He meant far too much to me and the thought of using him like the other vampires would, placed a nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Yuu-chan, you're not livestock! You mean so much to me! Please... Don't make me do this..." I couldn't bear the thought of using him like that. He fought back immediately with a response. "What about you Mika?! I can't and I won't let you die! Sometimes you forget that you... you mean a lot to me too..." A light pink blush tinted his cheeks.

I turned my back on him and sighed sadly, feeling even weaker than before. I heard his katana slip onto the floor but I stupidly thought nothing of it. I turned back to him to continue protesting but before I could speak he pushed my lips up against mine. My tensed body relaxed and I kissed him back but then, by the time it was too late, I was gullible enough to fall for it. Before I could break away, his blood slipped into my mouth and down my throat. I pulled away and he leant his forehead against mine. "Mika, I-I'm sorry, but I couldn't let you starve!" Blood dripped from a gash in his wrist and I became dizzy with guilt. "Yuu-chan!" Tears dripped down my face and I pulled him into a tight embrace. "I'm the only one who should be sorry! I'm the one who persuaded you to run away with me! Why did you even come with me Yuu, you have a new family. I'm not worth anything!" He broke away from my arms and cupped my face with his hands. "Well, Mika- I'll tell you why I'm here with you right now!" He leant towards my ear and quietly whispered "You make me realise who I need..."