Gaara x Reader-Is The Sand Even That Hot?

Here it is! The newest xReader! Hope you like it Amberafridi!

You walked down through the gorge that lead to the Sand Village. It had been 3 years since you'd been back to your village and missed the place of your home.
You entered the village and looked around. "The people seem to happy. Even the shinobi are smiling and laughing." You mumbled. You stopped by the Kazekage's office.
You entered the building and looked around as you walked. Your eyes widened slightly at how different it looked.
You stopped by the office to the Kazekage and knocked. There was a clamour on the other side of the door and a female voice scolding. "Come in." A monotone voice called. You hesitated. Something about that voice sounded familiar.
You finally gave in and opened the door. The sight you we're met by made your eyes bulge. "G-gaara? You're Kazekage?" You asked,incredulous. Gaara nodded. "A lot has happened since you disappeared,(Y/N)." Temari said. You nodded. "Obviously."
Kankuro smiled. "And we were promoted to Jounin." You shook your head. "Insane.." You looked at your former friends. "I can't believe this.." You bowed. "I'm sorry for leaving. And I'm sorry for making you worry." You apologized. "Stand straight,(Y/N)." Gaara said. You obeyed.
"I know you have been missing,but you have grown stronger;I can feel it. I will promote you to Jounin,but keep this a secret." Gaara said. You smiled a little. "Yes,Lord Kazekage. Maybe we can catch up tonight over dinner? I may have been missing,but I'm not broke." Temari smiled. "Sounds good. We'll see you there."

You walked down the alley of your old home,heading back towards the Kazekage's residence. You didn't know why,but you were bubbling with excitement. You stopped by the door and knocked,almost immediately being met by a classy dressed Kankuro. "Don't you look fancy,Indian boy." You commented as he invited you in. Kankuro rolled his eyes and you giggled.
"I can't believe you still call me that." Kankuro said. You smiled. "Of course." Gaara and Temari walked into the room. You couldn't help but stare-Gaara looked rather cute in a tux. Temari was equally dressed nicely. You felt undressed in the presence of the Kazekage's sister. Temari smiled at seeing your face.
"Being important has it's advantages." You nodded. "Your dress is adorable." Temari wore an ankle length periwinkle dress with a slit on the right side of it that went up to her knee and beautiful jewelry,along with ribbons in her hair.
You messed with you (F/C) calf length dress anxiously as you walked to the restaurant. When they reached the restaurant,Gaara stopped you outside the restaurant and the other two paid no mind to the two and entered.
"I didn't just promote you earlier out of the goodness of my heart." Gaara said. You blinked. "What do you mean?" You asked. "I promoted you so that we could be considered close. That way we can be sort of together." Gaara said. You blinked. You didn't know what to say.
"T-thank you,Gaara." You kissed his cheek lightly and hugged him. Know you knew why you had been so elated. You we're going to asked out,and you didn't know it.
Gaara smiled a little and returned the hug. "Let's get inside before the other two start snooping." You nodded and pulled away,walking inside next to Gaara.