My "Dear" Sister

One Sided Fight: Chapter 1

I think she's trying to take me down. My sister. For days she's been doing nothing but tormenting me, taunting me, torturing me in front of anyone around, as if my pain is somewhat amusing. At home she pretends to be close to me, but I know it's nothing more than a mask to cover her hate. Out of the house she's not afraid to yank my hair, or kick my shins, or whack a stick over my head. Trust me, those are only the beginning of what she's really done.

Slowly she's turning my friends against me, trying hard to get me alone, to get me to the point where I'm too vulnerable to even gain enough strength to fight back, which I've never done anyway. She knows my friends are my only source of happiness and without that, I'm nothing. She wants to see me break down in front of everyone I've ever cared about.

I know that she'll go on like this for God knows how long, and not one person at home will notice. They're too busy not believing whatever I say and gawping at that devil dressed like an angel that I call my sister. These people may be of my blood, but they aren't my family. Family isn't necessarily your DNA, but the people who want to be in your life and want you in theirs. The only people who fit that description were my friends, but soon enough they'll be gone too.

She's not going to stop until I'm 100% done. And knowing what I do, that won't be too long from now.

****************

"Wake up, darling sister." Brinley called through my room door.

I lay in the same position I was in, buried within my maroon blankets and pillows, staring at the ceiling for ten more seconds before I reluctantly got on my feet. I roughly tidied up my bed and headed over to my closet.

"That's what I like to hear. " my mother exclaimed. "Finally the two girls could speak to each other without Ambrosine accusing Brinley of doing some crazy deed!" She added a bitter tone on my name. And the only reason I say those things about my sister is because they are true. Brinley is just always putting up an "angel" act. Fools everyone but me.

I transferred my attention back to my clothes. After thinking deeply about my choice, I put on an outfit that consists of a white undershirt, a red checkered button-up long sleeved shirt, and denim shorts. I combed back my straight brown hair and bent over to pick up my school bag.

With my backpack slung over my shoulder, I jumped down the stairs towards the table for my breakfast. I plopped into the wooden chair across from a smirking Brinley. "What?" I asked her with an annoyed tone.
   "Mother says you have to walk me to school today." I groaned loudly then finished up my scrambled egg.

I put my dishes in the sink then made my way to the door, not even bothering to check if Brinley was following. Soon enough I heard her high heels clicking against the pavement. She caught up to me and started setting out rules for the rest of the day. As soon as she opened her mouth her fake smile was wiped off her face and replaced by a glare.

" Even if it's my first day at this school you don't need to walk me around the place or introduce me to anyone. I don't need to be seen with you whatsoever, so you need to let me find my way alone and not talk to people for me."

"I wasn't planning to." I muttered.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought"

We reached the gates of Sherwood High School when I heard my best friends, Ryder Williams and Tristan Oneil, calling for me. "Brose!" My little sister looked towards them and instantly put on her sweet face. "Are those your friends?" I nodded. We turned to fully face the boys coming towards us.