Thrown Laughs

One Sided Fight: Chapter 2

Every turn at every corner someone was there to tease me. Each time they forget what's happened, my sister brews up another storm. Everybody likes happiness, nobody likes pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain. I've been under the weather for a while now, letting it happen, waiting for the moment when it's finally over. The moment when I can finally see the sunshine- but it feels like the storm has just begun.

I've used umbrellas, but it seems like the lightning just burns it up. I've been in shelter, but the hurricanes blow the roofs down. I've used boats, but the tsunamis always seem to pull it under. Everything I try has one flaw, and that is used to my sisters advantage. It's too late to become a storm-chaser, when the storm is chasing you.

So I know that I've just got to run.

********************

Day one of Brinley's new school started out alright. Day two, three, and four...not so much.

Second time, Brinley emptied the contents of my bag just before the bell after lunch. My friends helped me pick them back up and cram them into my backpack. The three of us ended up late to our next period. Detention was extremely boring, especially when we should be out on the field practicing for our baseball game on Friday.

The next day, Brinley got me stuck. I was standing by Ryder's locker, leaning on the open one next to his. That's when my snobby little sister came by and slammed it shut. My friends stayed back and tried to pull the cloth out. We went to our next class, late, with a big amount of my shirt cut off. Detention part 2.

And yesterday, she swapped all of my shoes with pairs of pink and purple bunny slippers. After receiving billions of insults, I decided to just walk bare-footed, and only then did I notice it was "against the school rule" to not have footwear. The principal gave me a present. Guess what it was. Detention. Tristan tried to bail me out, and it looks like I got new company. Then Ryder tried to bail him out. And suddenly detention's got a crowd.

Today, I just want everything to be normal.

I walked through the school gates, going as slow as I could to stay at least 15m away from Brinley. A black hood was drawn over my head, and my hair was combed over one side of my face. My bag was slung over my left shoulder, dangling carelessly by my side.

"Hey, Brose!" Ryder screamed.

"Hey," I whispered back.

The guys ran to me from the left of the hallways. Everyone turned their heads towards me, seeing through my change of appearance. And the laughing started. My friends made their way over to me, noticing my new look.

"What's up with the hair?" Tristan asks, gesturing to the locks falling over my face.

"And the clothes. Are you going gothic? Oh my gosh, we've raised her wrong," Ryder remarked. Quite dramatically, may I add.

"I'm completely fine, thanks. I just love my identity exposed, especially since I've become the school's new trash. And according to you, you guys have 'raised' it."

Guilty looks were cast across their faces, while they peered around at the stares I was getting. I may as well have taken down my hood. More giggles erupted in the school. I shook it off and walked to my locker alone.

Believe me when I say I wished I had just stuck with a bag and no locker. All across the door were pictures of me with a pink smoothie down my shirt, me sitting amidst my scattered books, me wearing a top with a big hole on the bottom, and me wearing bunny slippers. The glitter bordering the photos screamed Brinley and her popular clique.