9

Demi

He was lying on the hospital bed, completely still with the heart rate monitor being the only evidence that he was alive. I could feel tears coming to my eyes as I walked to his bedside. My once strong, unmoving rock, now looked fragile and broken. Another sob escaped my lips as I realized I had been the one to five him to that dark place. I reached down hesitantly to stoke his cheek.

"Wilmer." I breathed out, "Baby it's Demi." I sat on the edge of the bed and leaned down to examine him, "It's me. I'm here. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I never should've left you. I'm sorry, I love you. I love you so much."

I leaned down and pressed my lips to his forehead. When I pulled away, his eyes were open and he was looking at me with a torturous expression.

"You're alive." I whispered, running my fingers through his hair. He reached up and caught my hand with his, intertwining our fingers.

"It worked, you're here."

I froze, "What?"

He smiled a bit, "I didn't think dying would be that easy. You feel so real."

I shook my head, "No, Wilmer you're alive."

His brow furrowed, "Then why are you here?"

I stroked his cheek, "Because I love you."

Wilmer frowned, "But you left."

I nodded, "I did, because things were complicated."

"And now they're not complicated?"

I sighed and touched his forehead, "No, things are still very complicated."

He looked down, "Then you can leave."

I felt like I'd been punched, "What?"

Wilmer met my gaze, "It'll hurt more to say goodbye to you later."

I shook my head, "Baby, I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here, with you, where I belong."

He smiled, "Really?"

I nodded, "I'm never leaving you again..."

I trailed off as yelling outside the door sounded. The door burst opened and one of Wilmer's sisters, Stephanie, strode into the room. She was quickly followed by my mom, and Wilmer's Aunt.

"YOU! You have NO right to be here!" She screamed, "HE'S IN HERE BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST COME BACK AND SCREW UP HIS LIFE EVEN MORE?!" I just stared at her, "WILMER YOU CAN'T BE FUCKING SERIOUS! SHE BROKE  YOU. SHE LEFT YOU, AND TORTURED YOU WITH PHONE CALLS EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS TO MAKE SURE YOU STILL LOVED HER, AND THEN GOT KNOCKED UP!"

I shook my head as Wilmer looked up at me with a confused expression, "Stephanie, you don't know what you're talking ab-"

I was cut off as Stephanie's  hand came flying and smacked me across my right cheek, sending my head to the left.

"STEPHANIE!" Wilmer roared, and grabbed me into a protective embrace.

"She's playing you Wilmer! She's a lying crazy bitch who can't handle loving herself let alone another person!" I pushed my face into Wilmer's neck and let out a sob as she continued to bring out my biggest insecurities. "She's nothing but a burden to you! You don't need all of that baggage! she should be the one begging you to stay! Not the other way around!"

I squeezed my eyes shut, "Stop." She went on screamed with her hands flying throw the hair angrily, "Stop it, please." I begged, then sat up, "STOP IT!"

Everyone froze as I screamed at her, then buried my face into my hands, rocking back and forth as I sobbed, hyperventilating rapidly.

"Demi." Wilmer touched my shoulder, "Demi, breathe."

I shook my head as the panic attack set in, "I c-can't."

He pulled into his chest and stroked my back, whispering reassurances in my ear. It felt like we'd never been apart, and it wasn't long until I breathing evenly and laying numbly against his chest.

"Crazy bitch." Stephanie scoffed, before stalking out the room.

Wilmer kissed my forehead, "Don't listen to what she says."

I sat up slowly and looked at our family, "Can you give us a minute?" My mom patted my back nodded, walking out with Wilmer's Aunt.

Once the room was cleared I turned back to Wilmer and before I could say a word he grabbed my waist and pulled me down, crashing my lips onto his. I tensed for a second, then melted into his embrace. It felt amazing just to kiss him again. To hold him, and to have him hold me, just his touch was everything. I pulled away after a couple of seconds, but Wilmer reattached our mouths.

"Baby." I murmured, and pulled away, "We need to talk."

He shook his head, "I don't want to talk right now. I just got you back and I want to kiss you."

I sighed, "You might feel different after-"

"No." He interrupted, "I don't care what happened, why you left, or what you did when you were gone. I might care in five minutes, but right now... I just want you."

I closed my eyes and nodded, leaning down to kiss him again. His hand slid to the base of my neck, and held me there. our mouths moved together in perfect harmony. I made a huge mistake in attempting to leave him behind, and the guilt was crushing me. I pulled away abruptly as tears came to my eyes, "Wilmer... I was pregnant. That's why I left. Her name is Mia Isabella Lovato-Valderrama, she's yours."

I held my breath, looking at his stunned expression and waiting for his reaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel