Once Upon a Time... Pt 2

We all stared at the gloomy grave before us. The clouds had covered the sky and to cover the ground with rain. Everyone from the guild and from other guilds surrounded the area.

The laster Master of Fairy Tail had died at the age of 92.

____________________________________________________________________________________

It had been three weeks since Master Makarov's passing. Laxus had taken over and was leading a team to find out what happened to him. We seem to be getting nowhere though.

"Juvia is worried about Gray-sama..." Juvia sighed as she watched Ur and Nashi brawling.

"Speaking of ice princess, I haven't seen him at the guild lately... Where has he been?" Natsu asked and Juvia looked at her feet.

"Gray-sama... hasn't returned home," she said and the doors to the guild slammed open.

Several people stood there and looked at the guild members inside. Juvia recognized one as her Gray-sama.

"Gray-sama!" Juvia springs up happily and began to run to Gray to hug him but, he didn't hug back.

That was when she noticed the strange marks on his body.

"Gray-sama... What's this?" she asks and Gray smirks.

"It's nothing, Juvia. It'll be all over in a moment." he got out of her grip and slammed a book onto one of the guild's tables.

"What in the hell is going on?!" Laxus comes out and begins to yell.

"I did it," Gray said and Levy saw the title of the book.

"T-That's-" she stuttered as her eyes widened in fear.

"I finally found this damn book and now..." Gray ice-made a spear.

"I can finally destroy it!" Gray went to spear the book when Natsu blocked his attack.

"Natsu!" Gray cringes as he jumps back to the other figures.

"Igneel said that this book cannot be opened and that it can't be destroyed! I promised Igneel that!" Natsu shouts and one of the mysterious figures stood next to Gray.

"Should I take care of him?" she asked with stars in her eyes.

"He's getting in my way. Just distract him." Gray told her and she smiled.

Natsu cringed as he went to attack again when he felt his stomach ache horribly.

"Nani?" he shouted as he fell to his knees.

I stood up and began to run to him when I heard Nashi cry in pain.

"Mama! It hurts!" she cried in the same pain as Natsu.

"Wendy-san!" Ur shouted for Wendy to help.

And a shatter was heard. I turned slowly to see the book of E.N.D. be frozen by Gray's ice and finally, shattered.

"I've destroyed the book. We don't have to worry about E.N.D. anymore." Gray said and I turned back to Natsu.

He remained motionless and I began to cry. Is he-

A powerful magic presence went through the entire guild. I then saw Natsu get up and stand in front of the girl that attacked him.

"How are you not affected by my virus magic?" she asked and Natsu's smile became sinister.

"You might still want to worry about me," he said and he grabbed her neck and lift her up.

"NATSU!!!" Erza shouted and Gray looked shocked.

Then, I heard her neck snap. He held till it snapped.

"MARY!!!" A figure with a metal mask shouted as Natsu dropped the dead girl.

He turned to the horrified guild members. Nashi, feeling the effects of the magic fading, stood up to see Natsu. She was shivering.

"P-Papa?" Nashi stuttered as soon as she recovered.

Natsu's gaze went to Nashi. His eyes were no longer the kind onyx from before. This time, they were the color of crimson blood.

"Daddy's not here." he smiled and he blasted her away with black flames.

Nashi's screams crashed into the wall and those around him tried to subdue him but, it was to no avail. Natsu flamed up and they all crashed into different parts of the guild.

Gray's eyes widened and Natsu looked over to him too.

"Thanks for waking me up, Gray. It's been fun but, you have to disappear too. I can't have you and Natsu getting me sealed again." Natsu smiled as the black flames began to surround Gray.

"And then, the guild was destroyed. Nashi was put into a coma and Gray had fully succumbed to E.N.D.'s darkness. Those that had survived had to fight, even me. We didn't try to kill him for, it would kill Natsu too but, every attempt to seal E.N.D. again had failed. Eventually, as a last resort, I was given a sword made by first Master, Mavis and the Celestial Spirit King and was told to blow one strike through the heart. It was either I could've let Natsu live but, E.N.D. would keep killing those close to me. I had no other choice." Earthland Lucy told me as the area around me changed.

I stood, bleeding and tear-stained, in front of the man I loved. Everyone is gone. They had all perished. There was now only me and him.

Natsu stood before me, his smile sinister as he stared me down. The room became black once again and I see Earthland Lucy on her knees, crying.

"Natsu was ultimately killed when he broke through E.N.D.'s control but, he realized what he had done. By then, he couldn't face Rosemary or Ur or Nashi or anyone and so, he killed himself," she said, standing up to meet my gaze.

"This is why you can not find that book! Do not let your fate end up like mine!"

I woke up.
____________________________________________________________________

"Lucy? Are you up yet?" I heard Natsu shout from downstairs.

I'm back in my world. And it's July 1st. It's my birthday.